Learn Japanese Idioms
700+ Sound files for iPhone and iPad + Beginners up
"Very thorough coverage of each idiom. Just amazed at quality of such an app."
"This app is great for anyone who wants to learn Japanese."
Learning idiomatic expressions in a foreign language can be tough. This app is designed to help make learning over 300 useful Japanese idioms as easy as possible.
What happens if your mouth is heavy? Or if you use people with your chin? Or when you grind sesame?
Get this app and find out!
Even new-to-Japanese Beginners can get a lot out of this product, but hiragana and very basic Japanese is recommended. If you can’t read hiragana yet, we are including our hiragana and katakana lessons free of charge (about 300 sound files just covering the kana!). Romaji and extensive notes are also provided.
An idiom is a phrase which means something different than what it says literally. Learning common Japanese idioms will help you in everyday conversation, reading books, and watching Japanese TV or movies. (and yes, anime too!)
In this app, you will learn over 300 of the most common idioms found in everyday Japanese. We have carefully selected only the most useful idioms and organized them into twenty sets of about fifteen idioms each for maximum benefit.
Every idiom has a sound for the idiom and most also have an example sentence
Study in THREE different ways:
1) Study Pages: See all data for the idiom on one convenient, scrollable page. Tap the idiom to hear it spoken, see the romaji and English definitions, read the comments and etymology.
2) Flash cards: Select one or more of the chapters and sets; choose to display the Japanese or the English on the front of the flashcard; flip the card to see the meaning and notes; and tap the sound icon to hear it spoken. You can also set it to auto play the sound and auto flip the card.
3)Quiz mode: Select one or more categories and 15 random multiple choice questions will be generated from those categories (you can set the number of questions in the settings screen). Please see screenshots or our video at the support site to see it in action! Missed answers are reviewed and studied after the quiz finishes.
As with any of our other apps (search "Japanese Phrases"), if you have ANY questions, problems, or suggestions we would LOVE to hear from you! Please see our support site (http://kotobainc.com) for our phone and email contact information.
DOUMO ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!
In some cases, ads were shown because of the last update--THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.
I had forgotten to remove a single line of code and that turned on the ads as if this was a free version. I am VERY sorry about this. The only thing I can think of is when testing, I didn't fully delete the previous install because I did not see the ads while testing.
This update corrects that and I'll make another update very soon with more content and more features.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 30, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (57)
- 33.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Advanced Japanese Phrases, Idioms, and Newspaper Terms
• Cuban Spanish Phrases and Lessons
• Erudite English Word Smart Vocabulary
• Founding Fathers Quotations and Documents
• Greek Phrases
• Hiragana & Katakana - Japanese Basics
• Hiragana and Katakana - Complete Basics of Japanese
• JLPT N4 Vocabulary - Japanese Language Proficiency Test
• JLPT N5 Vocabulary - Japanese Language Proficiency Test
• Japanese 101: Proverbs
• Japanese Conversation through Dialogues for Beginners
• Japanese Conversation through Dialogues for Upper Beginners
• Japanese Sentences
• Karate Vocabulary
• Latin Phrases, Proverbs, and Quotations
• Learn Japanese Phrases FREE
• Learn Japanese with Phrases & Lessons
• Spanish Words & Phrases
• Toddler Vocabulary