isosceles+ : geometry sketchpad
Taking geometry this year? Isosceles is here to help!
Fresh and easy to use, Isosceles is the perfect drawing tool for geometry students and teachers.
Simple, versatile drawing tools
• Includes tools for creating lines, circles, and polygons.
• The compass tool lets you create myriad constructions from angle bisectors to spirals.
• Isosceles automatically snaps new additions to nearby objects, keeping your drawing accurate so you can focus on the construction.
• Draw perpendicular bisectors, angle bisectors, altitudes, and other constructions that automatically stay snapped together.
• Toggle between heavy and light pencils to bring out the important parts of the drawing. Change the stroke and fill color of figures.
• Add text annotations anywhere in the drawing.
• Three distinct modes (Classical, Cartesian, and Isometric) that change settings quickly and easily to fit any kind of drawing.
Measure objects easily
• View and edit information about any object, such as the length of a line or the circumference of a circle.
• Add marks to show congruency and parallel objects, extend lines, show live measurements, and more.
Tools for students and teachers
• Isosceles features a handy notes sidebar so students can type notes during class without leaving the app. Teachers could use this feature to jot down notes to introduce while teaching.
• Connect your iPhone (4 or later) or iPad to a TV or projector to present class material.
• Put together homework assignments quickly by constructing diagrams with Isosceles.
Saving and sharing
• Isosceles automatically stores your sketches in iCloud so your documents are available across all your devices.
• Export to several file formats and destinations, including vector PDFs and AirPrint.
• Link your Dropbox account to share your sketches to Dropbox effortlessly!
Isosceles was designed and developed by a 14-year-old.
+Edit the color and other attributes (bold, italic, etc.) of text annotations.
+Edit the coordinates of a point manually by opening its Info menu and tapping Location. Also, snap points to their nearest integral coordinates.
+Change the color of a point from its Info menu.
+Add a letter name to a line.
+Change the background color, grid color, and default pencil colors of a sketch in the Canvas pane of the Settings.
+Opt out of the external display system and use mirroring on supported devices (iPhone 4S or later, iPad 2 or later).
+Performance improvements and bug fixes, including a fix for PDF exporting. Also, many of the issues users were experiencing when reopening complex files have been fixed.
Check out the Base 12 Innovations blog from the About screen for Isosceles tutorials!
Base 12 Innovations
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 11, 2013
- Base 12 Innovations
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (4)
- 4.2 MB