Look a baby! Look a Car! Many a times we show objects or humans using our finger.
Let your child learn to use finger to point and say!
This app is based on inputs by Dr. Vidya Bhushan Gupta who is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and member of the Society for Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics. Visit www.hyperactivekids.com to get more information about Dr. Vidya Bhushan Gupta.
‘iPointNSay’ utilizes ABA method of intervention delivery to children with developmental disabilities, special education needs or Autism.
The app is organized into multiple Learn & Play sections. Each section has pictures as visual prompts.
Here is how the app progresses -
STEP 1 – Training – Shows a character pointing to an object or living being.
STEP 2 – DT/Play – This is the interactive part. Here child is prompted to show objects that were presented in the training section. The child is expected to respond within set time.
You can change this time depending on child’s learning abilities and needs.
STEP 3 – Reward - Each correct response is rewarded with colorful and appealing animation.
As we know, the recommendation of 40 hours per week of ABA programming as employed by Lovaas’s study has been cited by many parents as being vital to their child’s success. The National Research Council’s 2001 report (p. 184) summarizes the skills necessary for implementing an effective ABA program as:
“Teachers must be familiar with theory and research concerning best practices for children with autistic spectrum disorders, including methods of applied behavior analysis, naturalistic learning, incidental teaching, assistive technology, socialization, communication, inclusion, adaptation of the environment, language interventions, assessment, and the effective use of data collection systems. Specific problems in generalization and maintenance of behaviors also affect the need for training in methods of teaching children with autistic spectrum disorders. The wide range of IQ scores and verbal skills associated with autistic spectrum disorders, from profound mental retardation and severe language impairments to superior intelligence make the need for training of personnel even greater.”
***About WebTeam Corporation***
Incorporated in 2005, WebTeam Corporation is a Somerset-based mobile application development firm that has pioneered the development of ColorsKit, an autism management toolkit comprising screening, assessment and intervention apps. ColorsKit helps parents, teachers, health care experts, researchers and other stakeholders worldwide efficiently manage the entire life-cycle of autism from infancy to adulthood and employment.
Apps for autism intervention are one of the key components of ColorsKit. These apps replicate individualized autism services on mobile devices, thereby making these necessary services available to the under-served population globally, especially in countries that lack the expertise necessary to tackle autism efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
WebTeam’s proprietary technology was awarded by Verizon in the 2013 Powerful Answers Award competition. WebTeam’s enterprise solution addresses the entire life cycle of autistic individuals – from screening and education to building vocational skills leading to employment and improving opportunities for mainstreaming.
WebTeam’s holistic approach to autism management allows caregivers and other stakeholders to collect and share data efficiently, thereby fostering effective collaborations that will ultimately solve one of the world’s largest and growing developmental disorders.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 18, 2013
- WebTeam Corporation
- 44.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 123 Order - Autism Series
• 123 Order S - Autism Series
• 2 Times Fun
• Add Me - Autism Series
• Add Me S - Autism Series
• Alpha Sequence - Autism Series
• Alpha Sequence S - Autism Series
• Animals Sound - Autism Series
• Animals Sound S - Autism Series
• Body Atlas
• Color Find - Autism Series
• Color Find S - Autism Series
• Color In - Autism Series
• Count It Easy - Autism Series
• Count It Easy - Birds
• Cursive Lower Case S - Autism Series
• Cursive Upper Case - S
• Days Sequence - Autism Series
• Days Sequence S - Autism Series
• Digital Time - Autism Series
• Digital Time S - Autism Series
• Divide N Play. - Autism Series
• Drag N Label
• Drag N Match
• Early Counting Skills - Autism Series
• Face Read 1 - Autism Series
• Face Read 1 S - Autism Series
• Face Read 2 - Autism Series
• Face Read 2 S - Autism Series
• Flowers - Autism Series
• Flowers S - Autism Series
• Fruits - Autism Series
• Fruits S - Autism Series
• Letter to Pic Lite - Autism Series
• Lower Case S - Autism Series
• Make Sentences
• Map Me - Lite
• Map Me.
• Minus Drills. - Autism Series
• Month Sequence - Autism Series
• Month Sequence - S
• Multiply Me - Autism Series
• Multiply Me S - Autism Series
• My Family N Pals
• My Words - Autism Series
• My Words S - Autism Series
• Number Find - Autism Series
• Number Find S - Autism Series
• Number Find. - Autism Series
• Number Sequence - Autism Series
• Objects - Autism Series
• Objects S - Autism Series
• One 2 Color S - Autism Series
• Plus More
• Rangam Career Center
• Read Cursive
• Robbo Time
• See and Do - Autism Series
• Sentence Mill
• Shapes - Autism Series
• Shapes S - Autism Series
• Show Me - Autism Series
• Signs - Autism Series
• Signs S - Autism Series
• Social Talks
• Sort N Stack
• Sounds of the House - Autism Series
• Sounds of the House - Lite
• Spell 2 - Autism Series
• Spell Me - Autism Series
• Spell Me S - Autism Series
• Spot 'n Spell
• Spot the Difference.
• Subtract Me - Autism Series
• Subtract Me S - Autism Series
• Trace the Dots
• Upper Case S - Autism Series
• What’s the Expression
• iAssessNTeach 1
• iAssessNTeach Home Series
• iAssessNTeach School Series
• iLNE Spell 1 L – Autism Series
• iLNE Spell 1 – Autism Series
• iLNE Spell 2 L – Autism Series
• iLNE Spell 3 - S
• iLearnNEarn 2 Infant and Toddler - Lite
• iLearnNEarn V - I
• iLearnNEarn V - II
• iLearnNEarn V - III
• iLearnNEarn2 Infant-Toddler and School Series
• iLearnNEarn2 – School and Adult Series
• iTrack Client
• iTrackMood - Lite