★★★★★ Editor's Pick of the Week by www.Apps-School.com from Knowledge Quest
★★★★★ Nominated BEST LANGUAGE ARTS APP 2010 by I Education App Review http://www.iear.org
Featured: New & Noteworthy under Education
Grammar and Science combined with photos and videos.
This is an interactive multimedia app based upon the iLiveMath Word Problem Series. iLiveGrammar continues with the same level of interactivity as a supplemental teaching tool for Language Arts and Science curriculum.
There is such a diversity in plant life from flowers and seeds to leaf sizes and shapes. Plants sustain life by producing food for animals. Plants like the Venus flytrap sustain themselves by trapping insects. We have only scratched the surface with ~100 photos packed into this little app. The majority of these beautiful macro photography pictures were taken by us over a six month period.
Our goal was not to cover all the different aspects of Botany but we hope that this app will spark interest and conversations with your students.
Furthermore we wanted to make this app serve more than one purpose... not just botany but grammar.
Our 1st grader is now learning nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs and our 7th grader is fascinated with her new microscope as she studies plant structures - so this app combines the two topics into one to use the diversity of plants in teaching grammar. The sentences then become more than just scientific facts but also a means for introducing grammar.
There are four lessons:
Lesson 1: Nouns and Verbs
Lesson 2: Adjectives and Adverbs
Lesson 3: Prepositions, Articles, Nouns, and Conjunctions
Lesson 4: Review
The app randomly generates the sentences and photographs using a combination of words appropriate to the theme so that each test is different.
iLiveGrammar has been enhanced with the following:
* Sentences are associated with pictures where a specific word or words are highlighted.
* Pick from the scrolling picker: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, article, etc. which is associated to the highlighted word(s).
* The sentence and answers are tracked for record keeping and can be emailed and blogged.
* Reports have been enhanced to highlight the word(s), the Correct Answer and the Incorrect Answer
Join our online community:
>>>Warning: Not supported on the 1st Generation iPod Touch<<<
iHomeEducator is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 3-6,6-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar
iPhone 5 support
iOS 6 testing
Removed social networking buttons
Link to Support Discussion Board and FAQ
iPad Retina Screen support
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 26, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (16)
- 30.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Apologia Biology Flashcards
• Geometrical Quickies & Trickies
• MapTrek Ancient World
• Mathematical Quickies & Trickies
• Medieval Life
• More Mathematical Quickies & Trickies
• Wonders of Old Ancient Timeline
• Wonders of Old Medieval Timeline
• Wonders of Old Modern World
• Wonders of Old New World Timeline
• iLiveGrammar Autumn
• iLiveGrammar Winter
• iLiveMath Animals Of Africa
• iLiveMath Animals of Asia
• iLiveMath Entomology
• iLiveMath Farm Fresh
• iLiveMath Ford Cars
• iLiveMath Oceans
• iLiveMath Speed
• iLiveMath Trains
• iLiveSpelling Mammals
• iLiveVocab GRE
• iLiveVocab SAT
• iPlanJournal Life Coach
• iPlanJournal Quiet Time
• iPlanToWrite Essays
• iPlanToWrite Reports
• iPlanToWrite Stories