Buckle up with Sporty’s iPhone/iPad app, featuring three exciting instrument flights showing pilots of various experience levels flying and communicating in the IFR system.
More than just a rehash of basic radio procedures, this app gives today’s instrument pilot a real-world look at IFR communications through all phases of flight in a variety of airspace.
Using a visual menu system, IFR Communications is broken down into 7 chapters showing the various phases of the IFR flights. Based on Sporty’s 50 years of aviation education experience, the IFR Communications app contains over 49 minutes of engaging 3D animations, in-flight video and real-world communication scenarios.
The action-packed flights take place in a Cessna Skyhawk equipped with VOR navigation, a Garmin G1000-equipped Cessna Skylane and a twin-engine Piper Aztec with an MFD including GPS, traffic and datalink weather. We’ll visit several airports, including rural non-towered airports and the high-density LaGuardia Airport (KLGA) in New York.
Experience the unique challenges each flight presents and see how the pilots effectively manage all available resources to complete each mission. Also included are sections designed to refresh your knowledge of basic IFR communications, plus a review of communication procedures during emergencies. IFR Communications will make you a better instrument pilot regardless of experience and help make your next flight smoother and safer.
Also included is a review quiz based on content from the videos. After finishing the questions you’ll receive instant feedback on your score and be able to review missed questions. There’s even a way to quickly review the video segment from which the question is based.
We’ve additionally included the FAA publication “Radio Communications Phraseology and Techniques” – complete with a table of contents to quickly access each section. This helpful guide is useful for both students who are learning the ins and outs of radio communications, as well as for flight instructors preparing to instrument radio techniques.
IFR Communications was developed with AirPlay video support. This allows you to wirelessly stream the video segments from your iPhone or iPad to compatible AirPlay devices, like the 2nd generation Apple TV.
***FREE gift from Sporty's with download -- pilot's microfiber screen cleaning cloth (seriously, it's free!)***
• Added review quiz
• Added additional study resources
• Video progress tracking
• Fixed bug where video would play without audio
• Support for iPhone 5 and iPad Retina display
• Updated interface
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 07, 2013
- Sporty's Pilot Shop
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (11)
- 361.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Airborne Radar
• Airspace Review
• EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2012
• Flight Review
• Flying the Aspen Evolution
• Flying with ForeFlight
• Garmin G1000 Checkout
• Instrument Proficiency Check
• Richard L. Collins' Advanced Fall Weather Flying
• Richard L. Collins' Advanced Spring Weather Flying
• Richard L. Collins' Advanced Summer Weather Flying
• Richard L. Collins' Advanced Winter Weather Flying
• SUN 'n FUN 2013
• So You Want To Fly Gliders
• So You Want To Fly Helicopters
• So You Want To Fly Seaplanes
• So You Want To Fly Twins
• Sporty's E6B
• Sporty's Instrument Rating Course
• Sporty's Learn To Fly Course
• Sporty's eCatalog
• Study Buddy Test Prep (FAA Commercial Pilot)
• Study Buddy Test Prep (FAA Instrument Pilot)
• Study Buddy Test Prep (FAA Private Pilot)
• Study Buddy Test Prep (FAA Recreational Pilot)
• Study Buddy Test Prep (FAA Sport Pilot)
• Takeoffs And Landings
• VFR Pilot Communications
• WAAS Approaches: Garmin 430W
• WAAS Approaches: Garmin G1000
• WAI Conference 2013