This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Reference
Headwords is the only app for word lovers and students that searches up to 15 English dictionaries! Are you studying English vocabulary? You can use the built-in flashcards to quiz yourself on words added to your favorites list!
Please note: Headwords requires an internet connection.
- Up to 15 different dictionaries searched simultaneously for any English word.
- Audio pronunciations for thousands of words.
- Integrated Word of the Day.
- Share definitions online via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Delicious.
- Save definitions to study later with Instapaper, Readability, or Pocket.
- Study words that interest you with built-in flashcards!
- Automatically maintains a history list of all the words for which you've searched.
- Add words to your favorites list.
- Convenient + and - buttons to adjust the font size while reading dictionary entries.
One of the best ways to know how a word is properly used is to see multiple definitions and usage examples. That's what Headwords was designed to do: help you explore and build your English vocabulary to new levels.
Look for more features and enhancements soon! A universal version of Headwords (iPhone/iPad version in one app) is in development.
- Headwords is now a universal app so that you can enjoy it on your iPhone and iPad.
- Add and edit notes on words on your favorites list. Keep examples of sample sentences, memory aids, etc.
- Notes that you've added show up in the flashcard answers.
- Share entire favorites lists with notes between devices! Keep them in sync more easily.
- Added several dictionaries. Headwords now provides definitions from up to ** 20 ** sources!
- Added ability to search all dictionaries directly from a flashcard entry.
- Define within Headwords a word selected within the internal browser.
- Add the text selected within the internal browser to the current word's notes.
- Various minor enhancements and bug fixes.