Garmin TXi Trainer
iOS iPad Education
The Garmin G500 TXi, G600 TXi and TXi EIS Trainer provides an on-the-ground environment to experience these products virtually anywhere you can take an iPad. Easily familiarize yourself with these flight displays and engine information systems prior to flying behind them.
The Trainer includes:
- Simulated touch and bezel interface – interact with the primary flight and multi-function displays, become familiarized with the new HSI Map one-touch zoom gesture, full-
and split-screen PFD/MFD modes, on-screen autopilot controls, and much more
- TXi EIS (Engine Instrumentation System) – demonstrates common engine gauge layouts and multi-engine prop sync
- Selection between 10", 7" Portrait, and 7" Landscape configurations for multiple aircraft types - explore the broad range of options available in the TXi series
- Garmin North America and Jeppesen Worldwide/Americas aviation databases are available – go to Settings > More to select the database used.
- Garmin SafeTaxi and FliteCharts – view detailed airport information and published approach charts on the moving map
- High resolution worldwide terrain and obstacle databases, including powerline alerting
- Simulated system information for:
- ADS-B and TCAS Traffic with TargetTrend™ Relative Motion
- FIS-B and SiriusXM Weather
- Garmin GWX 75 Weather Radar
- Stormscope Lightning Detection
* Note: The Trainer is currently only supported on iPads with an A7 Chip or newer, including iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, and later.
* This app contains simulated data and does not receive data from or interact with real Garmin avionics. Content may differ slightly from actual hardware for demonstration purposes or be out-of-date with respect to the latest airborne software and database cycles. This app should not be used for navigation purposes.
* Some functionality that requires a navigator or other products, e.g., flight plans from GTN, may be unavailable in this standalone Trainer.
* Visit Garmin's web site for additional GTN/TXi Trainer options, TXi flight familiarization and tutorial videos, and to explore our fully-featured training programs.
The Garmin G500/G600 TXi Software has been updated to Version 2.20.
Added new display layouts:
•10” Display now supports a 60% / 40% split between PFD and MFD
•7” Portrait Display now features PFD, MFD, EIS, and MFD / EIS layouts
•7” Landscape Display now features PFD, EIS, and MFD / EIS layouts
•Text entry keyboards now support the QWERTY layout.
Now features generic Rotorcraft aircraft type for supported layouts in addition to Single-Engine Piston and Multi-Engine Piston.
Weather RADAR simulation has been upgraded to demonstrate Garmin GWX 75, with enhanced color palette and turbulence detection.
Added a “Resources” button, enabling in-app access to the Pilot’s Guide and flyGarmin Training (internet access required).
A new “Show Bezel” setting has been added to the app settings to show and hide the graphical bezel around the simulated display and make full use of the iPad screen.
New options have been added to the on-screen flight controls:
•On – Shows the Flight Controls with IAS, HDG, and ALT targets at the top of the screen
•On with Fly Out – Shows IAS, HDG, and ALT targets next to the control as you change them
Other performance improvements and bug fixes.