This app was removed from the App Store.
Flying the Aspen Evolution
iOS Universal Education
The Aspen Evolution Flight Displays have revolutionized retrofit glass cockpits, with their powerful features, compact size and affordable price. This video app from Sporty’s will show you everything you need to know to fly this glass cockpit with confidence, including the newly-certified Multi-function Displays (MFDs). So whether you fly a single screen Aspen or a complete 3-screen setup, this app is for you.
Using a visual menu system, Flying the Aspen Evolution is broken down into 7 individual video segments. Based on Sporty’s 50 years of aviation education experience, the Aspen Evolution app contains 90 minutes of engaging animations, in-flight video and real-world tips and tricks.
• Understand how the Primary Flight Display (PFD) works and integrates with existing avionics
• Watch the photo-quality MFD in action, with terrain, traffic and weather
• Learn all about the built-in redundant systems, including the backup battery and GPS
• See the avionics fly an instrument approach with autopilot
• Learn how to customize your displays to show exactly what you want
• Covers how to use Evolution Synthetic Vision (ESV) and FAA Digital Charts
• Introduction by former AOPA President, and current Aspen board member, Phil Boyer
The Aspen Evolution app also includes all the pertinent pilot guides & addenda in a convenient PDF viewer, covering all the software versions up to 2.4.1 on the PFD & MFD.
This app will show you a host of features you may not know about, plus tips and shortcuts for easier in-flight navigation. Flying the Aspen Evolution is ideal for owners of this equipment, but it will also be invaluable for prospective buyers.
• Video segments now stream on-demand, significantly reducing the app file size
• Video playback supports picture in picture on compatible devices
• Added ability to save video training segments for offline viewing
• Updated Aspen Multi-function and Primary flight display pilot’s guides.
• iOS 10 compatibility updates
• Bug fixes