Fluency Grade 3
iOS Universal Education
The common core lists fluency as an important skill. Second graders will continue to increase in fluency as they begin to read 3 grade level texts. This app is a comprehensive look at all aspects of fluency, including accuracy, smoothness, expression and automaticity. BugbrainED has a record for providing assisted educational apps that help children achieve grade level. Parents may use this app for a child who needs to catch up with his/her peers. Teachers can easily integrate this into lesson plans.
All of BugbrainED’s apps are based on the common core. The standard in fluency is as follows:
Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
a. Read on-level text with purpose and understanding.
b. Read on-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.
c. Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
This app will help students to achieve grade level as they practice fluent reading with all of its aspects.
* Learning through animation, sound and touch.
* Bugs do the teaching to add fun and whimsy.
* The “Check Yourself” section tests your child’s learning and shows you the scores.
* Tutorial format guides your child through the activities.
* Based on the Common Core Standards for 1st Graders.
*Give your child a head start on first grade literacy.
* Correct answers get immediate and consistent praise while wrong answers simply ask them to try again.
*Multi-sensory learning creates a high degree of interactivity through voice, written words and animations.
*Fun bug graphics holds your child’s attention.
* Personalized feedback every step of the way.
This version is a complete re-write of the app. It now provides much more practice on the fluency concepts. It adds the ability to track student's scores in an online database where teacher's are able to view their entire class' scores.