First Words International Lite HD
Apple! Manzana! Pomme! How many ways can you say it? This beautifully illustrated and photographed, multi-language app is a free sampler demo to show how our full version app works, which is also in the App store.
This app is perfect for the toddler or speech-delayed child who is learning how to label common nouns as well as for any child who wants to learn the names of basic objects in the following 7 languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Japanese, Hindi and Russian. Just select the language of your choice and start playing!
The Lite version app includes 5 objects: bird, foot, apple, ball and baby. These are shown 10 or more ways so your child can more readily generalize their meaning. For example, “ball” is shown as a tennis ball, a basketball, a baseball, a soccer ball, and even a football.
There are 3 activities: Learn the Word, Find the Word (receptive vocabulary) and Say the Word (expressive vocabulary).
In the Learn the Word activity, the child is taught the name for the word by a native speaker of the selected language by hearing and seeing it 5 times. In the Find the Word activity, the child is shown 5 pictures and is asked to find the requested object. The Say the Word game features a fun spinner and recording feature! The word is then played back and the user can compare to the model for that word, in whatever language has been chosen.
Options in the Settings: If answered correctly, a cute, short animation can be shown after a specified number of responses, depending upon the setting the user chooses (1, 3, or 5). Users can select photographs, color drawings or random. Text can be “on” to support early reading skills, or “off” to support early listening skills. In addition, this lite version app includes user settings and data collection for up to 3 children.
Hamaguchi Apps is dedicated to the mission of bringing high-quality apps to the general public and professionals for affordable prices.
This format is especially powerful for children with speech delays and autism spectrum disorders who need strong visual support with as little background clutter as possible, and for use in speech therapy sessions. Developed by noted speech-language pathologist and author of Childhood Speech, Language & Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know, Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP.
To find out more about this app and our other upcoming projects, visit our website: www.hamaguchiapps.com
PLEASE RATE & REVIEW OUR APP!!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 11, 2012
- Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language & Auditory Development
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (2)
- 183.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Between the Lines Advanced
• Between the Lines Advanced HD
• Between the Lines Advanced Lite
• Between the Lines Advanced Lite HD
• Between the Lines Level 1
• Between the Lines Level 1 HD
• Between the Lines Level 1 Lite
• Between the Lines Level 1 Lite HD
• Between the Lines Level 2
• Between the Lines Level 2 HD
• Between the Lines Level 2 Lite
• Between the Lines Level 2 Lite HD
• First Phrases
• First Phrases HD
• First Phrases HD Lite
• First Phrases Lite
• First Words International Home
• First Words International Home HD
• First Words International Pro
• First Words International Pro HD
• Fun With Directions
• Fun With Directions HD
• Fun With Directions HD Lite
• Fun With Directions Lite
• More Fun With Directions
• More Fun With Directions HD
• More Fun With Directions HD Lite
• More Fun With Directions Lite
• Picture the Sentence
• Picture the Sentence HD
• Picture the Sentence HD Lite
• Picture the Sentence Lite
• Talk About It: Objects Home HD
• Talk About It: Objects Pro HD
• You’re the Storyteller: The Surprise (Home Edition) HD
• You’re the Storyteller: The Surprise Pro HD