First Phrases HD Lite
FREE UNTIL MAY 10th as part of The iMums Lets Talk Speech and Communication Event! Want to thank us? Please rate and review our app!
This interactive, beautifully illustrated and animated app for the iPAD is perfect for the toddler or speech-delayed child who is learning how to put two-three words together or any child who is learning basic English phrases. It provides many opportunities to both hear (receptive), see, and say/record (expressive) 10 different verb + noun combinations, such as: eat the carrot, drive the train, close the door, drink the juice, sleep on the bed, turn on the light, and more. A delightful cat performs them, with 28 possible animation combinations. It is also a great way to teach the article “the” in a meaningful phrase context.
To view a demonstration of the full version of this app, please check our YouTube demonstration to learn about its features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw4WPlrmwg
**For more verb and character choices, we suggest upgrading to the full version of this app.
First Phrases Lite includes user settings for up to 3 children.
Hamaguchi Apps is dedicated to the mission of bringing high-quality apps to the general public and professionals for affordable prices.
How you play: Tell the cat what to do! By touching the illustrated parts of the phrases in order (verb+ object forms: “eat the carrot”) the child hears the pre-recorded spoken phrase modeled. The user has the option to repeat this action once, twice or three times in the settings for maximum auditory input. The child then watches an animation of the cat performing the command to help the child associate the words and their meaning. Now it’s the child’s turn to say it and tell the cat what to do! Touch the microphone and record, listen again, and watch the animal follow your direction. Use the optional visual support by tapping on the shapes above the microphone.
This format is especially powerful for children with speech delays and autism spectrum disorders who need strong visual support with as little background clutter as possible, and for use in speech therapy sessions. The format also is a terrific way to support early literacy for left to right orientation, reading (with text on feature) and word boundaries. Options include text on/text off, recording feature on/off, presentation of the phrase in 3 segments (verb + the + object) or 2 segments (verb + the object).
Developed by noted speech-language pathologist and author of Childhood Speech, Language & Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know, Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP.
To find out more about this app and our other upcoming projects, visit our website: www.hamaguchiapps.com
We've added optional visual support to the recording page, created a more user-friendly Settings page, taken out the ability to pause an animation by touching the animation and improved the recording responsiveness.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 11, 2013
- Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language & Auditory Development
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (41)
- 89.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Between the Lines Advanced
• Between the Lines Advanced HD
• Between the Lines Advanced Lite
• Between the Lines Advanced Lite HD
• Between the Lines Level 1
• Between the Lines Level 1 HD
• Between the Lines Level 1 Lite
• Between the Lines Level 1 Lite HD
• Between the Lines Level 2
• Between the Lines Level 2 HD
• Between the Lines Level 2 Lite
• Between the Lines Level 2 Lite HD
• First Phrases
• First Phrases HD
• First Phrases Lite
• First Words International Home
• First Words International Home HD
• First Words International Pro
• First Words International Pro HD
• Fun With Directions
• Fun With Directions HD
• Fun With Directions HD Lite
• Fun With Directions Lite
• More Fun With Directions
• More Fun With Directions HD
• More Fun With Directions HD Lite
• More Fun With Directions Lite
• Picture the Sentence
• Picture the Sentence HD
• Picture the Sentence HD Lite
• Picture the Sentence Lite
• Talk About It: Objects Home HD
• Talk About It: Objects Pro HD
• You’re the Storyteller: The Surprise (Home Edition) HD
• You’re the Storyteller: The Surprise Pro HD