iOS Universal Education
Expressive was featured on the "Autism Hangout" Podcast and the "TUAW.COM" as an app that is helping children & adults to communicate and learn. This is an entry to mid-level, easy to use, and powerful app that allows children and adults with speech impairment or communication difficulties to express their wants and needs through the use of pictures and symbols. Expressive was designed to meet the needs of a wide range of users. Children can use this application to communicate by tapping buttons with symbols or pictures that generate sound. Expressive includes over 10,000 built-in images from the Smarty Symbols library.
The best thing about Expressive is its ease of use. It does not require any knowledge about programming or manuals; Expressive is intuitive and simple to use.
Flexible and intuitive customization within Expressive allows users to select from a pool of images with audio files, create their own folders and arrange the images as they please.
If you have a family member that has lost the ability to express themselves (even if just temporarily due to a surgery, accident or aphasia) Expressive will give them back the ability to communicate and express their basic needs. Expressive is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and the iPad.
Version 3.3 of Expressive contains the following features:
-Symbol support for communication using 10,000 Symbols;
-A choice of 4 built-in text to speech;
- Ability to add your own images;
- Change background color of folders or images;
- A lock feature to prevent modifications by user;
- Search button to find images quickly;
- Completely redesigned graphics;
- Supports landscape and portrait mode;
- Support re-arranging tittles;
- Male and female text-to-speech options
- Change speed of text to speech voices;
- Change font style;
- Verb Agreement Support;
- Advanced optimization of the features of the application;
Fixes crashes on iOS 11