This app was removed from the App Store.
Encyclopedia for iPad
iOS Universal Education
Encyclopedia stores a complete copy of the Wikipedia encyclopedia on your iPad, enabling you to read Wikipedia even when you don't have internet access. This app is the fastest and simplest way to browse Wikipedia - and it works in a plane, on top of a mountain, in a tunnel, and in other countries. (Or, if you have a WiFi-only iPad, anywhere without WiFi.)
Having all the world's knowledge available 24x7 turns out to be pretty useful. Encyclopedia is installed on over 1 million devices, and we're constantly working hard at improving it. Please send us your feedback!
When you first launch Encyclopedia, you will be required to download a copy of the Wikipedia database, which will occupy about 2GB of space on your device.
If you would like our iPhone version, please search for "Encyclopedia". The app has the same icon.
For support, please head to http://steamheavyindustries.com/support.
• No internet access required
• Complete text of the English Wikipedia*
• Instantaneous search of article titles
• Fully functional links between articles
• Navigation trail, so that you can easily engage in the usual whimsical Wikipedia browsing.
• "The only game in town" - ZDNet
• "One of the Seven Must-Have Offline Apps For Your iPhone/iPod Touch" - New York Times
• "It's the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy realised" - Desinformado
• "It was one of the reasons I bought an iPod touch" - Lennart N.
• "It's the best and most useful iPhone app I know" - Alexander C.
* Some parts of articles that aren't very useful on a mobile device (such as references) have been excluded, but all of the actual article text is preserved. In addition, only proper articles are downloaded - image descriptions, user profiles, etc., are not included.
• fully universal for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad mini
• great new Safari like interface
• 10x speed improvements
• support for multiple language database downloads, including Wikitravel.