Dexteria VPP - Fine Motor Skill Development
★ Named 2012 "Developer of Distinction" by Apps For Children With Special Needs
★ Voted TOP 3 APP for 2011 in SmartAppsForKids.com Reader's Poll
★ Voted TOP 10 TRIED AND TRUE CLASSROOM APPS on Teacherswithapps.com
★ Voted a Favorite App for 2011 by A4cwsn Facebook Community
★ Editor's Choice Award - Children's Technology Review
★ Editor's Choice Award - A4CWSN.com
There are two versions of Dexteria on the App Store:
1) Dexteria: This is the best choice for parents, teachers, and OTs who are using one copy of the app. Multi-user tracking is available as an in-app purchase.
2) Dexteria VPP: This has the same award-winning activities as the original, and is the best and LOWEST COST choice for schools and medical orgs buying 20 or more copies through Apple's Volume Purchase Program and want multi-user tracking included with the app.
Please note: If you have Multitasking Gestures turned on, it may interfere with the Tap it activity. To disable Multitasking Gestures on your iPad, open the Settings app > General > Multitasking Gestures and toggle the setting to off.
Dexteria is a set of therapeutic hand exercises (not games) that improve fine motor skills and handwriting readiness in children and adults. Dexteria’s unique hand and finger activities take full advantage of the multi-touch interface to help build strength, control, and dexterity.
For best therapeutic results the exercises should be done on a regular basis in short sessions. The exercises are designed to be repeatable and engaging, and when used on a regular basis will help fine motor skills improve over time.
The automatic tracking and reporting feature makes it easy for parents, teachers and occupational therapists to identify time on task and progress. You can email the progress reports right from the app itself.
Dexteria VPP includes multi-user tracking.
"Very impressed with this app. I've been looking for something like this for a very long time." - from Apps for Children with Special Needs
"For occupational therapists, the one huge benefit is the ability to track the child's progress." - from YourTherapySource.com
Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
"Outstanding app and I highly recommend it. Children are very motivated to use it. I’m a Pediatric Occupational Therapist and I use it to work on fine motor integration, fine motor precision, hand exercises, handwriting, writing speed, etc." - Authentic app store review
• Increases coordination and motor control in the hands and fingers
• Easy to use, even for toddlers
• Works for kids and adults
• Great way to get kids ready for kindergarten
• Automatically creates performance and usage reports that can be emailed
• Speeds recovery from injuries
• Designed in consultation with Occupational Therapists
• Turns the iPad into a therapeutic tool
• Less expensive and more reusable than workbooks
ATTENTION LICENSED OTs: If you are a licensed OT and have comments about Dexteria, please submit a review and tell us what we did right and where we can improve. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value our customers' feedback when planning future upgrades and product improvements. You can influence the evolution of Dexteria!
We're serious about your privacy. This app does not track or share your personal information with us or anyone else. There is no user id tracking software, and no advertisements. In summary, we have no idea who you are! :-)
• Made some UI enhancements
• Minor bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 27, 2012
- BinaryLabs, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (5)
- 60.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Dexteria - Fine Motor Skill Development
• Dexteria Jr. - Fine Motor Skill Development for Preschoolers
• LetterReflex - Overcoming Letter Reversals & Backwards Writing in Early Childhood Development & Dyslexic Children
• LetterReflex VPP - Overcoming Letter Reversals & Backwards Writing in Early Childhood Development & Dyslexic Children
• P.O.V. - Spatial Reasoning Skills Development