This app was removed from the App Store.
Courses for Coursera
iOS iPhone Education
The world's best courses offered by Coursera, Inc. finally on your iPhone! Take your courses on the go with this brand new amazing app.
Preamble and warning: Coursera® is an education platform offering massive open online courses (MOOCs), aiming to bring the world's best education freely available to everyone, by establishing strong partnerships with the best universities in the world such as Stanford, Princeton and many others. This iPhone app is neither affiliated with, nor endorsed by Coursera. Coursera® is a registered trademark of Coursera, Inc.
« Discover »
With a polished and well designed user interface, browse the complete catalog of Coursera courses on your iPhone, discover their complete descriptions and enroll in your favorite courses directly from the app.
« Download »
Download and archive your favorite courses with an intuitive and advanced download manager to watch them offline at any time. The downloaded content (videos and PDF slides) can be easily exported to your computer through iTunes file sharing.
« Watch »
View your downloaded courses with the embedded video player and an advanced PDF viewer. On the bus, in the train or subway, in your bed or in the plane, your favorites courses follow you everywhere!
• Optimized for iOS7.
• Subtitles are automatically downloaded and displayed when watching a compatible lecture. However, you can disable them by a simple swipe down gesture on the video, or for all videos in the Settings tab.
• You can enroll and un-enroll from courses directly in the app. And if you un-enroll from the website (Coursera.org), the change will be automatically reflected in the app.
• You know exactly how much memory is used by your downloads and how much is available in the Settings tab.
• All downloaded resources can be deleted by a simple swipe-to-left gesture. You can also free your memory by deleting all downloaded resources in the Settings tab.
• Grouped actions are available (download all, delete all, pause all, resume all, …).
• Your lectures automatically restart where you stopped.
• The sound of videos is enabled even if the phone is in silent mode.
• The full video name is now displayed when you open the item.
• A badge is displayed for courses eligible to Signature Track.
• You can create a new account from the login screen in the app.
• Works very well with Apple TV to watch your lectures on TV screen.
• Bug fixes (honor code, ...)
• New icon
• New fresh interface colors