Collins Russian Dictionary
iOS Universal Education
***App unique functionality and 100 sample entries available for preview***
The essential two-in-one reference tool: an up-to-date dictionary and a useful grammar supplement in one handy volume.
Collins English - Russian Dictionary will help you understand the language of the Russian media and of contemporary literature, and includes business and computing terms.
• Dictionary database contains over 120,000 references
• Russian sound module contains over 51,000 entries by native speakers
• English sound module contains over 51,000 entries by native speakers
• Comprehensive coverage of today's Russian and English
• Special treatment of frequently-used words
• Supplements on Russian pronunciation and grammar
• Alphabetic search
• Full text search looks up for a word in the whole dictionary content: headwords, idioms and usage examples
• Search for anagrams, e.g. charm - march
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Replace the missing letters with “?” and “*” symbols
• Similar words in case of misspelling
• Search within the article - the easier way to look through large entries
• Morphology module finds a word in any grammatical form
• Hyperlinks between entries
• Clipboard look-up. Copy text while reading and see the dictionary definitions next time you open the app
• iOS Share Support. Highlight the text and send to the app to learn words’ translations
• Full Russian linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words
• Search History to revise your recent translations
• Enhanced customization to modify animated menus and choose background colors
• Pinch-to-Zoom. Enlarge/reduce font size for your comfort
• No Internet connection required
• Handy Converter support
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support
Collins has been at the forefront of dictionary publishing for over 200 years and is one of the world’s most respected and market leading dictionary and language learning publishers. Collins uses the most up-to-date technology to monitor language usage around the world so that our dictionaries reflect the way language is spoken today. With all its heritage and expertise Collins prides itself on delivering up-to-date, accessible and innovative language products to meet the needs of all users from students to professionals in print, online or via mobile; it is for these reasons Collins dictionary products remain a top choice for generations of users.
With this update we are adding the possibility to preview the dictionary content and try the app functionality before making a purchase.
After the app update happens, please, open the app and restore your purchased dictionary by tapping on “Restore” button.