Collins Russian Dictionary
iOS Universal Education
The app unique functionality, dictionary content and 100 articles are fully available to preview. With such option you will know for sure that Collins Russian Dictionary is exactly what you need.
The essential two-in-one reference for the learner of Russian: an up-to-date dictionary and a useful grammar supplement in one handy volume.
The Collins Russian Dictionary offers up-to-date coverage of today's Russian and English. Ideal for the intermediate learner of Russian.
• The Collins Russian Dictionary will help the user understand the language of the Russian media and of contemporary literature, and includes business and computing terms.
• The grammar section is a compact and useful guide, a perfect complement to the dictionary with its clear, easy-to-use layout.
• The clear layout, with special presentation of key vocabulary, ensures that users find what they are looking for quickly and easily.
• Dictionary database contains over 120,000 references.
• Russian sound module contains over 51,000 entries by native speakers.
• English sound module contains over 51,000 entries by native speakers.
• Comprehensive coverage of today's Russian and English.
• Special treatment of frequently-used words.
• Supplements on Russian pronunciation and grammar.
Search and translate features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Handy Converter support.
• Search History to revise your recent translations
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Collins has been at the forefront of dictionary publishing for over 175 years and is one of the world’s most respected and market leading dictionary and language learning publishers. Collins uses the most up-to-date technology to monitor language usage around the world so that our dictionaries reflect the way language is spoken today. With all its heritage and expertise Collins prides itself on delivering up-to-date, accessible and innovative language products to meet the needs of all users from students to professionals in print, online or via mobile; it is for these reasons Collins dictionary products remain a top choice for generations of users.
With this update we are adding the possibility to preview the dictionary content and try the app functionality before making a purchase.
After the app update happens, please, open the app and restore your purchased dictionary by tapping on “Restore” button.