Collins Gem Russian Dictionary
iOS Universal Education
Fully revised and updated, this latest edition from Collins' bestselling Gem Dictionary range is the perfect choice for anyone needing a portable up-to-the-minute Russian dictionary.
The app unique functionality, dictionary content and 100 articles are fully available to preview. With such option you will know for sure that Collins Gem Russian Dictionary is exactly what you need.
The Collins Gem Russian Dictionary has been designed to give travelers, students, business people and the general user alike all the information they need in a handy, take-anywhere format.
Includes all the latest words reflecting changes in modern lifestyle, as well as all the features you would expect from a Collins dictionary: an easy-to-read layout, special treatment of difficult words such as can, that, of, some, and notes about life in Russia.
Also in this dictionary is a handy business language supplement, ensuring you have all the
up-to-date business vocabulary you need at your fingertips.
• All the latest words in both languages, such as downloadable, Wi-Fi, carbon footprint, podcast.
• User-friendly business language supplement.
• Useful tables of nouns, verbs, pronouns and numerals.
• Helpful examples and cultural note.
• Special treatment of difficult word.
• Dictionary database contains over 50,000 references.
• Russian sound module contains over 10,000 entries by native speakers.
• English sound module contains over 10,000 entries by native speakers.
• Comprehensive coverage of today's Russian and English.
• Special treatment of frequently-used words.
• Supplements on Russian pronunciation and grammar.
Search and translate features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Handy Converter support.
• Search History to revise your recent translations
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Collins has been at the forefront of dictionary publishing for over 175 years and is one of the world’s most respected and market leading dictionary and language learning publishers. Collins uses the most up-to-date technology to monitor language usage around the world so that our dictionaries reflect the way language is spoken today. With all its heritage and expertise Collins prides itself on delivering up-to-date, accessible and innovative language products to meet the needs of all users from students to professionals in print, online or via mobile; it is for these reasons Collins dictionary products remain a top choice for generations of users.
With this update we are adding the possibility to preview the dictionary content and try the app functionality before making a purchase.
After the app update happens, please, open the app and restore your purchased dictionary by tapping on “Restore” button.