Classic Poetry Memorization
Now there is an app that helps you memorize your favorite classic poetry!
* Keep track of poems that you've memorized, that you want to memorize, that you're in the process of memorizing, and/or that you need to review (I think you get the point). Just tap the star to change its color!
* THREE proven techniques to help you successfully memorize classic poetry (see the techniques detailed below)
* Adjust the font size in the Settings (5 font sizes available!)
* Simple, user-friendly interface that ANYONE from age 4 to 124 can comfortably use
* Poems from over a dozen classic authors including William Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, and many many more!
* Over 50 poems and many more on their way
* Feedback option to request that YOUR favorite classic poems be added to the app!
* Frequent updates with new poets and poetry
WHY MEMORIZE POETRY?
You may ask, "Why memorize poetry?" I'll give you a few good reasons, but I'm sure there are many many more:
(1) Exercise your brain. The brain is a muscle - memorizing poetry will help your ability to remember other things you read, people you meet, etc.
(2) Better understand and appreciate art and culture.
(3) Learning a language (or learning your language more properly)
(4) Sense of accomplishment. Memorization is challenging, so for every poem you memorize, you will feel (and rightfully so) that you have accomplished something.
If you have other reasons you would like to share, go ahead and send me a tweet; my handle on Twitter is bradmorgan34. Don't be surprised if your reason is added to this list after the next update.
WHAT ARE THE MEMORIZATION TECHNIQUES?
Included in this app are three different views to help with memorization because people memorize in different ways:
(View 1) The complete text of the poem. Read the poem in it's full context, memorize a line at a time, or check that you've memorized the right thing by switching to this view for a peek.
(View 2) First letter of every word. Just like it sounds- we remove all but the first letter of every word in the poem.
(View 3) Removing random words. You control how many and how often words are randomly removed from the poem. Remove one random word at a time or up to 25! Words are replaced with a __, similar to writing the poem on a chalkboard and randomly erasing words as you memorize.
All classic poetry is from the Public domain.
Updated for the iPhone 5. With a larger screen, you can see more of the poem you're memorizing. Amazing how that works =).
Let me know if you have any requests for specific poems in the next update!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 02, 2013
- Brad E Morgan
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 1.3 MB