ClaroSpeak is a high-quality text-to-speech reader capable of speaking any accessible text with a range of human-sounding high-quality voices. ClaroSpeak offers the option of visual highlighting in-sync with the spoken words – and a great range of colour and font settings to allow for optimum reading. ClaroSpeak is a quality app for proofreading text through listening, helping with reading and literacy development and creating audio files from any text.
• Users can import documents and PDFs into ClaroSpeak from apps such as Mail, or import PDF, Word, Pages and other files directly from Dropbox using ClaroSpeak's Dropbox integration. Text can be typed into ClaroSpeak and then spoken back. Users can check text and proofread quickly and easily.
• Text from any app can be copied and pasted into ClaroSpeak ready to be read back.
• With the iPad 3 and iPhone 4S Apple’s speech recognition can be used to dictate text directly into ClaroSpeak, and can be listened back to ensure it is right.
• Save the text as an audio file using the same high-quality voice.
✔ High-Quality Voices
Four high-quality Nuance Vocalizer voices are included in this edition.
★ Lee - English (Australia)
★ Karen - English (Australia)
★ Silvia - Italian
★ Daniel - English (UK)
The voice can be made to speak faster or slower as suits the user. The voices are installed within ClaroSpeak, so they work when not online and do not use up any expensive data allowance.
Additional voices in 27 languages and even more accents are available through in-app purchase in ClaroSpeak. (A full list of available voice can be found at the end of this page.)
✔ Visual Highlighting
Text is highlighted as the text is read back. Highlighting allows users to coordinate reading and listening. ClaroSpeak lets users pick the colour and style of highlighting required.
There are four highlighting modes to choose from: None, Word by Word highlighting, Word Trail highlighting or Sentence highlighting. The Word Trail feature makes words colour progressively as they are spoken by ClaroSpeak.
✔ Font and Colour
Change the font size, colour or use a more-readable font to maximise ease-of-reading, making ClaroSpeak easily adaptable to different users' needs.
✔ Save to Audio
Convert any text into an audio file with any of the high-quality voices. This is quick and easy, allowing text to be listened to on the move. Great for proofreading on the go.
✔ Send Text
Text created within ClaroSpeak can be emailed, sent via SMS, or copied and pasted into another app, like Safari – great to help ensure everything is right. The Apple spellcheck works in ClaroSpeak too, further helping accuracy.
✔ Dropbox Integration
Open documents stored in Dropbox directly in ClaroSpeak. Save text and audio files directly back to Dropbox. Great for transferring files between devices and keeping files in the cloud.
✔ Language Learning
ClaroSpeak can assist with second language learning and vocalisation. An Italian voice is included in this edition so users can hear text in a foreign language spoken aloud and listen back to their own text as it is typed – great for learning how to pronounce the text correctly. In-app purchases are available to allow users to buy more voices.
★ Voices/languages available by in-app purchase in ClaroSpeak:
• Chinese (China)
• Chinese (Hong Kong)
• Chinese (Taiwan)
• Dutch (Belgium)
• Dutch (Netherlands)
• English (Australia)
• English (India)
• English (Ireland)
• English (Scotland)
• English (South Africa)
• English (UK)
• English (USA)
• French (Canada)
• French (France)
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese (Portugal)
• Spanish (Mexico)
• Spanish (Spain)
✔ New OpenDyslexic font option
✔ Minor improvements to PDF importing
✔ Minor improvements to text file importing
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 29, 2012
- Claro Software Limited
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (1)
- 88.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Claro MagX - High Definition Vision Enhancement App for Zooming and Magnifying
• ClaroCom Pro USA
• ClaroCom USA
• ClaroLingo Phrasebook and Translator - 22 Collins Phrasebooks in one, with translation and Nuance voices
• ClaroPDF - Accessible Pro PDF Reader and Viewer with text to speech (TTS) and annotations
• ClaroPDF Lite
• ClaroSpeak USA