Cherokee (Tsalagi) Native American Language Lite
Osiyo! Cherokee-owned Thornton Media (www.ndnlanguage.com) presents Cherokee Basic, the first Native American Indian language app available on the iTunes Store. Cherokee (tsalagi) Lite offers Cherokee words, phrases and syllabary entries by native speakers of the Oklahoma Cherokee dialect. Begin learning the beautiful Cherokee language anywhere, anytime from native speakers of the language!
We believe that language revitalization is a numbers game. The more Cherokee speakers that can be produced; the more chance the language has to survive. There are many Cherokees in the US, but not many speakers. I produced this language module with family members (mother, grandmother and aunt) and some friends from the Tahlequah area of Oklahoma. I hope this tool will help to save my endangered language.
CEO, Thornton Media.
View demo video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ9ApASIyOQ
• Professionally recorded audio entries for language learning
• 9 different categories: Sounds and Syllabary, Numbers, Months, Days of the Week, Colors, Kinship Terms, Animals, Greetings, Message from your Teacher
• Practice sounds of the Cherokee Alphabet in separate entries
• Recordings by fluent speakers of the Oklahoma Cherokee dialect
Upgrade to the Full version!
* 467 sound files
* 18 categories
* 84 separate syllabary sounds
* Zoom-able syllabary chart
* Recordings by 5 first language Cherokee speakers! (Oklahoma dialect)
Fixed phonetic spelling, added direct link to upgrade full version
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 15, 2009
- Thornton Media, Inc.
- 1.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (412)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (430)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Chemehuevi 29 Palms
• Cherokee (Tsalagi) Native American Language Basic
• Chickasaw Language Basic for iPad
• Chickasaw Language Basic for iPhone/iPod Touch
• Ho-Chunk (Hoocąk) Native American Language
• Ho-Chunk (Hoocąk) Native American Language for iPhone/iPod Touch
• Learn to write Cherokee for iPhone version
• Omaha Basic
• Speak Oneida - Part 1
• Writing Cherokee for iPad