iOS Universal Education
ChemCaper: Act I - Petticles in Peril is the first role-playing game in the world to bridge education and mainstream gaming. Built from the ground up with Chemistry concepts, it elevates learning Chemistry into the digital realm, brings the fascination with the subject into your screens and takes the dread out of learning.
What if your world came crashing down, and You. Weren’t. There.
Roub, a young Moon Being, is charged with searching for his people’s lost deity. He gets thrown into the lush world of Camp Ungku upon rumors that a glowing, mysterious being was there.
Having crash landed on the banks of sunny Camp Ungku, he is polarised into a cloudy search for answers, bearing the unnerving uncertainty of his parents’ fate as news of waves of attacks on his homeland, Reac Ta, crash upon his conscience.
Something sinister has turned the friendly petticles into vicious scheming creatures, aiding its motivation attacking the Moon Beings indiscriminately.
Young, pampered Roub now bears the weight of his world on his shoulders to demystify the conundrum that riddles it and its beings, whether he knows it or not.
- Get to know the different types of chemical bonds with the Petticles, in-game companions that will help fight Roub's battles.
- Craft potions with real-life apparatus - Heal up! Get stronger! Move faster! Roub's going to need them to survive the wilderness of ChemCaper.
- Music by Norihiko Hibino, award-winning composer of the Metal Gear Solid and Bayonetta series.
- Experience Chemistry through an adventure! With a world built from scratch based off its concepts and the Periodic Table.
What people are saying
"ChemCaper is educational the way Civilization is educational. It won't teach you the subject directly; instead, fun is given top priority and the educational foundation on which it's based just permeates every aspect of the game. It's an education-laced supplement to life rather than an attempt at digitizing textbooks for those kids and their play-a-ma-jigs."
- Indie Games
"An intriguing game with some fantastic looking artwork and core gameplay that looks set to bridge the gap between education and entertainment, making something that really does make learning fun."
- Alpha Beta Gamer
"The game is very polished with great music and graphics. I also love the crafting system, which is cleverly named and designed after the periodic table. The battle is done real-time turn-based which reminds me of Chrono Trigger."
- Beta Tester
"This really feels like one of the most polished iOS games I have played."
- Beta Tester
Suitable for ages 10 and up.
Minimum RAM required: 1024MB
Minimum Disk Space required: 1024MB
iPad: iPad 3 & up
iPhone: iPhone 5 & up
iPad Mini: iPad Mini 2 & up
If something's not working on ChemCaper, or you think there's a bug, you can report it to us at email@example.com.
• Clarity for attack names. They pop up! Boing!
• Find NPCs more easily too. Boing!
• More polished dialogue. Shiny...
• Petticle skill and combat balancing. You're the Yin to my Yang.