Learn Spanish - Brainscape
Did you know that you may be wasting a huge portion of your time learning Spanish due to inefficient learning methods? Let me tell you how you can learn FASTER.
It’s all about a new technique called Intelligent Cumulative Exposure. As much as we’d like to think that we can improve our Spanish by watching movies or just being dumped in the right country, our brains are proven to best absorb new language concepts one-at-a-time, in small increments. And I don’t mean just learning word lists one-at-a-time. I mean building your actual sentence-forming skills from the ground up.
Intelligent Cumulative Exposure (ICE) is the system of introducing concepts incrementally, at gradually increasing difficulty, in the context of REAL sentences, while repeating the tough concepts in the right intervals of time based on YOUR confidence levels. ICE is also a method that explains grammatical nuances in PLAIN ENGLISH rather than hoping you just “figure them out” through immersion.
There's no reason you should be hearing totally unfamiliar strings of jibberish fly in one ear and out the other. You should be building yourself up by scaffolding one concept at a time.
The problem is that there are currently NO apps on iTunes that apply the simple ICE method. Creating a comprehensive curriculum based on Intelligent Cumulative Exposure takes WORK, and most app developers are more concerned with flashy software than with actual learning sciences.
Brainscape’s learning scientists from Columbia and Yale Universities have spent the past TWO YEARS developing a complete, scientifically optimized Spanish curriculum tailored specifically for the mobile environment. In the process, we have created the first web and iPhone app based around Intelligent Cumulative Exposure. Check out our 40-page white paper on our website, explaining the cognitive science behind why this works.
With Brainscape's Learn Spanish, you get:
· A carefully tailored curriculum that builds on previous concepts and guides you from beginner to conversational at your own pace
· The equivalent of TWO YEARS' WORTH of high school Spanish classes
· Over 6,000 AUDIO flashcards for the most common Spanish words, phrases, and sentence constructions, including a BONUS section on Business Spanish
· Simple explanations for key grammatical concepts and the most common verb conjugations
· Convenient “browse” and “search” functions that allow you to easily find cards you want
· Ongoing feedback, statistics, and visualization tools to help you track your progress
· A network of thousands of other learners who support each other’s learning every day
We look forward to working with you over the months and years to come. You’ll be glad you joined the Brainscape community.
iOS 7 compatibility!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 28, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (109)
- 112.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AP Psychology Prep
• AP U.S. History Exam Prep - powered by Brainscape
• AP US Government & Politics Exam Prep - powered by Brainscape
• Bartender Flashcards
• Drivers Ed *
• English Vocabulary for Chinese Speakers
• English Vocabulary for Spanish Speakers
• French Creole for Aid Workers, by Brainscape & BAN
• GRE Psychology (Psych) Subject Test / Exam Prep Flashcards
• GRE Vocab Genius
• Git Commands Flashcards
• Gourmet Food
• Keyboard Shortcuts *
• Learn About Religions
• Learn Astrology and the Zodiac
• Learn Blackjack *
• Learn Chinese (Mandarin) by Brainscape
• Learn French Verbs
• Learn French Vocabulary
• Learn German Verb Conjugations
• Learn Italian Verbs
• Learn Mythology Basics
• Learn Portuguese Verbs: Practice Verb Conjugations & Tenses with Brainscape lessons
• Learn Spanish Verbs
• Learn Spanish Vocabulary *
• Learn World Geography
• Music Theory, with AUDIO
• National Capitals Genius
• People You Should Know: Trivia on World Famous Celebrities, Stars, and Historical Figures
• Ruby on Rails Commands
• SAT Flashcards
• SAT Vocab *
• Speak Spanish - for Survival and Travel
• Sports Trivia *
• Tarot Card Memorizer
• Tech Startup Genius
• U.S. Congressional Leaders Flashcards
• U.S. Geography *
• Vocab Junkie
• Vocabulaire Anglais