This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPad Education
It's chilly! The leaves are changing! Celebrate all the things that make fall fun in this colorful seasonal book.
Teach your little one about all that autumn brings: changes in weather, plants, animals, & traditions.
Presented in such a charming way, your child won’t even realize how much they’re learning!
Over 20 pages of text and photographs, Ellen Senisi guides kids through all of the changes that happen in fall – the weather gets colder, leave changes color, apples ripen, squirrels collect acorns, birds migrate south, some animals grow a thicker coat, and even *we* put on heavier coats!
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Learn about seasonal changes in nature
-Learn about the things people do differently in fall (e.g. celebrate Thanksgiving)
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“Have you noticed the weather getting colder? Do you like it or do you wish it were still summer?”
-“Are all of the leaves changing color at the same time? Which leaf-color is your favorite? Yellow? Red? Orange?”
-“’Fall foods are beautiful to look at’, says the book. Which fall food do you think is the prettiest to look at? Which one is the weirdest?”
-“Thanksgiving is a big part of fall. What are you thankful for today?”
-“What other changes in fall can we think of, that perhaps weren’t covered in the book?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/appsbyauryn
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps and pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
Bug Fix and Optimizations