German Dictionary & Translator
iOS Universal Education
The #1 Free German English Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
"AWESOME!! I absolutely love this app. I am a second year german student and would be lost without it."
“Wow! Perfect for learning the language and super easy to use!”
“Great app! I use it almost everyday and it provides trustworthy translations.”
“Just what I wanted. Even works offline, which is a big bonus. My other apps don't.”
“Great English German Dictionary & Free. Has good 2-way dictionary for beginner and you can add your own comments to words.”
German Dictionary & Translator + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Dictionary & Translator + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 entries (premium), over 402,000 for free.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,648 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of examples to the Dictionary.
- Implemented iPad Split Screen to use Dictionary with other apps.
- Implemented Drag & Drop between Dictionary and other iPad apps.
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Dictionary. Tap word or example to show context menu.
- Improved voice lookup language selection on Apple Watch.
- Added 3D Touch Peek to see Dictionary entries for Quiz words.
- Improved use of Dynamic Type. See iOS Settings > Larger Font to adjust.
- Added deep linking so Dictionary headwords can be looked up using Spotlight.
- Improved audio speed selector in Voice Settings.
- Added Flashcards setting to display only Dictionary favorites.
- Improved Flashcards screen layout.
- Added South African accent to pronunciation choices.
- Adapted screen layouts for iPhone X.
- Changed dictionary favorites icon color to red.
- Fixed layout issues on iPhones Plus models.
- Eliminated truncation of long translator phrases.
- Corrected bug blocking purchase of Premium Features.
- Enabled Translate link on verb conjugation screen.
- Fixed favorites issue when over 100 dictionary words are starred.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
If you have any issues with this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.