iOS Universal Education
ArtLens allows you to personalize your experience of the Cleveland Museum of Art’s world-class collection, and explore layers of interpretive content for artworks in Gallery One—CMA's innovative gallery featuring art, technology, and interpretation—as well as on many featured works throughout the museum's permanent collection galleries. Visitors to the museum itself can scan the actual artwork with ArtLens to reveal hidden content and may link their ArtLens to award-Winning Collection Wall in Gallery One.
The ArtLens application main features include:
• Near You Now – Using the museum's indoor wayfinding technology, you can discover artworks in the collection that have interpretive content, such as film and audio, in any gallery. You can also use this feature to browse through the collection on a path you set yourself in the museum.
• Scanning – Employing innovative image recognition software, ArtLens can recognize artworks in the collection seamlessly, offering access to additional interpretive content. A special icon indicates which artworks have this feature. This content is only available on-site.
• Tours – Select from both museum-created and visitor-created tours. The mapping feature in ArtLens helps visitors locate specific artworks and navigate tours.
• Today – Get a daily snapshot of exhibitions and events occurring at the museum.
• Favorites – Save favorite works of art and share through Facebook or Twitter. You can also create personalized tours which can be shared with other visitors.
The iPhone version of the application also includes:
• Search – Quickly find favorite artworks that are currently on view by artist name or title.
• Top Ten – Explore the ever-changing list of visitor-chosen favorites, as well as our curators’ top picks of must-see artworks.
• Related Artworks – Discover hidden treasures in the collection from any object based on its collection, time period, and material, using the dynamic recommendation logic developed for the Collection Wall in Gallery One.
* Improvements to museum page
* Improvements to tours page
* Improvements to collection wall sharing
* Resolution of some stability issues