iOS Universal Education
Adjective Remix targets practicing vocabulary knowledge of qualifying words (aka adjectives). Vocabulary building is valuable for many young children with developmental delays and language disorders (Kuster, 2011). This application was designed to be used by parents, teachers, special educators or speech language pathologists. It is possible to play the activity with only one or multiple children. Adjective Remix will analyze the data and track progress, which can be emailed or printed. In order to more effectively teach this concept we have segmented the adjectives into 8 major categories:
1.Appearance: Broken, Clean, Comfortable, Dirty, Elegant, Fluffy, Long, New, Soft, Sparkling, Valuable.
2. Colors: Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Black.
3. Feelings: Angry, Happy, Nervous, Sad, Scary, Excited, Bored.
4. Quantity: Empty, Few, Full, Heavy.
5. Shape: Chubby, Curved, Round, Squared, Thick, Thin.
6. Size: Big, Short, Small, Tall, Tiny.
7. Time: Ancient, Fast, Modern, Old, Slow, Young.
8. Touch & Taste: Cold, Fresh, Hot, Nutritious, Salty, Sweet, Wet, Dry.
-Add students and track progress overtime;
- Nearly 200 targets;
- 400 stunning images;
- Print or email results;
- Group play allows you to use the app with a group of children;
- Adjectives are organized into 8 categories that can be isolated;
- Positive Reinforcement audio and visual feedback
- Switch between three languages: Spanish, Portuguese & English
Adjective Remix was developed and designed by licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologist Barbara Fernandes M.C CCC-SLP.
Kuster, J. M. (2011, November 01). Building Vocabulary with Online Tools. The ASHA Leader.
Lots of great new features on version 3.0 of Adjetive Remix:
1. We have added two new languages: Portuguese & Spanish ( Just switch from the settings menu)
2. Added musical notes as visuals for student's progress on the activity screen
3. Updated to iOS 10
4. Added app to app center & added app center button to main menu.
Checkout all the Smarty Ears apps you already own on the app center.