Abacus in Augmented Reality
iOS iPad Education
*This app is designed to be as close to real wooden school abacus as the latest achievements in technology (augmented reality) would let us.
**The beads move as you shift your iPad making sounds as they touch one another.
***The ‘transparent’ background gives you a feeling as if you were holding the actual handheld abacus.
Abacus (or soroban) helps a learner develop ability to do the arithmetic calculations MENTALLY. The learner converts the numbers into beads, manipulates the beads, and brings out the result.
It enables learners to
1) understand the basic number systems;
2) understand concepts of carrying and borrowing in arithmetic;
3) understand combinations of 5 and 10 and complements of numbers;
4) visualize close relations between numbers and numerals, and
5) develop learners’ ability to perform mental calculations.
@Reks (aka AtReks) Apps are designed in compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by @Reks in the iTunes App Store hidden in the settings section behind child-proof settings button (press and hold).