100 Words High School Freshman Should Know
❖ Back-to-School Sale! -$1 off until the end of September ❖
❖ Check out other titles that are discounted for Back-to-School! - AH Deluxe, AHD4, 100 Words Every High School Graduate Should Know and more.. ❖
Building on the success of the popular 100 Words Every High School Graduate Should Know, the editors of the American Heritage® Dictionaries are pleased to introduce this list of words geared toward the reading level expected of high school freshmen. With its attractive format and thoughtful word selection, 100 Words Every High School Freshman Should Know will spur students to add new words to their vocabularies as they make the important transition from middle school to high school. The words present challenges of spelling, meaning, and usage. They are words that students will see regularly both in their high school reading and in their later entry into the adult world. To learn them is a step into a broader world.
Knowing These Words Makes The Going Much Easier
Does your vocabulary measure up? A confident command of a growing vocabulary is one of the best indicators of achievement in school.
This iPhone/iPod touch version has a full range of features:
* entire text of this best selling book
* pre-recorded sound files
* real-time progressive search
* wildcard searches for unknown spellings
* bookmarks with notations
* automatic history
* complete offline use - no internet connect is required
* Hyperlinks on every word out to UniDICT 2.0 powered dictionaries such as American Heritage Dictionaries
The print version of this excellent book is $5.99 in the stores. This iPhone/iPod touch version is half the price with many more features.
Freshmen encounter many new things in high school—new teachers, new friends, new subjects, new responsibilities—and all are important to personal growth and success. But among the most challenging of these new experiences is the rapid growth of vocabulary, which will become increasingly sophisticated and complex in the years ahead. The best way to start high school is to be well prepared, and what better way to prepare than to have a varied and versatile vocabulary?
100 Words Every High School Freshman Should Know by the Editors of the American Heritage® Dictionaries. Copyright © 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Major update -"UniDict Engine" 3.0
Major UI overhaul
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 30, 2011
- Enfour, Inc.
- 2.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (6)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (15)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 19 ways of Giant Killing
• Akira Masuda
• Collins Gem Chinese <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel Mandarin Chinese dictionary including phrasebook.
• Collins Gem English Dictionary & Thesaurus (UniDict®)
• Collins Gem French <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - Travel Dictionary with Phrasebook
• Collins Gem German <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Gem Italian <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Gem Malay <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Gem Portuguese <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Gem Spanish <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Polish <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Russian <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook.
• InfoSYS Handbook
• Logical Conclusion
• Longman English-Japanese Dictionary
• Send It Later (time-shift your email & SMS)
• Soccer Kenbunroku
• TangoTown- JLPT 1級 Quiz
• TangoTown- JLPT 2級 Quiz
• TangoTown- JLPT 3級 Quiz
• TangoTown- JLPT 4級 Quiz
• The Sailor-Fuku -Japanese High School Uniforms
• THE YAKUZA
• Wall Street Words
• はじめて受ける新TOEICテスト 英単語・熟語
• アインシュタイン式 論理脳ドリル 旅行編
• アインシュタイン式論理脳ドリル FREE
• フラワー 〜花開く愛のために〜
• 信用取引（投資に役立つ小冊子シリーズ Vol.1）
• 日経PCビギナーズ パソコン＆ネットらくらく用語事典
• 日経ビジネス 経済・経営用語辞典