100 Science Words College Graduate Should Know
❖ Back-to-School Sale! -$1 off until the end of September ❖
❖ Check out other titles that are discounted for Back-to-School! - AH Deluxe, AHD4, 100 Words Every High School Freshman Should Know and more.. ❖
100 Science Words Every College Graduate Should Know
New Feature Update!!
Includes UniDICT 2.0 functionality
This application offers a fascinating selection of the vocabulary of science and technology for anyone who enjoys the thrill of discovery and appreciates the marvels of the universe. Covering everything from biology and ecology to physics and computer science, these words exemplify the vocabulary needed to understand the fundamental concepts of modern science and follow the latest advances reported in today's news.
How do bats "see" in the dark?
Why do ocean waves break parallel to the shore, no matter what direction they come from?
What is the psychiatric disorder whereby people feign illness in order to gain medical attention?
How do online stores keep credit card numbers secret from hackers?
100 Science Words Every College Graduate Should Know, provides simple answers to these and dozens of other questions about the fundamental concepts of science and technology.
This iPhone/iPod touch version has a full range of features:
* entire text of this best selling book
* pre-recorded sound files
* real-time progressive search
* wildcard searches for unknown spellings
* bookmarks with notations
* automatic history
* complete offline use - no internet connect is required
* Hyperlinks on every word out to UniDICT 2.0 powered dictionaries such as American Heritage Dictionaries
The print version of this excellent book is $5.99 in the stores. This iPhone/iPod touch version is half the price with many more features.
Almost every day there are new facts and ideas discussed in the media about the makeup of the universe, the roles genes play in disease, the dangers of sweeping environmental change, and countless other things. People who are unfamiliar with the key words of science may not be able to fathom the rapid advances and developments taking place around them — even when they hit close to home.
Are you up to the challenge? Find out by reading 100 Science Words Every College Graduate Should Know, by the Editors of the American Heritage® Dictionaries. A wide variety of new and established terms are discussed, including absolute zero, anaphylaxis, cryptography, echolocation, game theory, Kuiper belt, mitochondrion, Munchausen syndrome, quantum mechanics, and refraction.
Each term is defined in clear, nontechnical language, with examples showing the importance of the word both in its field and in daily life. Supplimentary notes highlight the fun facts and amazing discoveries that make learning about science so rewarding.
Explained in nonscientific language and accompanied by examples, the words come from a wide variety of scientific fields of study. Most entries have boxed features containing fun facts and details demonstrating the significance of the word in science and everyday life.
This content will appeal not only to college graduates, but to anyone with an interest in scientific concepts and the latest breakthroughs in the news.
100 Science Words Every College Graduate Should Know by the Editors of the American Heritage® Dictionaries. Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Major update -"UniDict Engine" 3.0
Major UI overhaul
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 30, 2011
- Enfour, Inc.
- 2.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (7)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (33)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 100 Words Almost Everyone Mispronounces
• 100 Words Every Word Lover Should Know
• 100 Words Everyone Confuses and Misuses
• 100 Words High School Freshman Should Know
• 100 Words High School Graduate Should Know
• 100 Words to Make You Sound Great
• 100 Words to Make You Sound Smart
• 19 ways of Giant Killing
• Akira Masuda
• American Heritage® Deluxe - powered by UniDict®
• American Heritage® Desk
• American Heritage® Dictionary — 4th Edition (AHD4) - powered by UniDict®
• American Heritage® Dictionary — 5th Edition
• Australian Oxford Dictionary (AOD) - powered by UniDict®
• Collins Gem German <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Gem Italian <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Gem Spanish <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook
• Collins Russian <-> English Dictionary (UniDict®) - travel dictionary with phrasebook.
• Companion Synonyms -with Spelling Dictionary
• Companion Thesaurus -with Spelling Dictionary
• Global Guide
• Global Guide for iPad
• Logical Conclusion
• Longman 4000 Examples
• Longman Business English Dictionary
• Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English -5th Edition (LDOCE5)
• Longman English-Japanese Dictionary
• Luminous English<>Japanese Dictionary - powered by UniDict®
• Oxford Deluxe (ODE & OTE) - powered by UniDict®
• Oxford Wordfinder
• Sakura Japanese Dictionary
• Send It Later (time-shift your email & SMS)
• Soccer Kenbunroku
• SpellChecker ✔ Email, SMS, Twitter & SNS
• SpellChecker ✔ Multilingual
• Tagalog PhraseBook
• TangoTown- JLPT 2級 Quiz
• TangoTown- JLPT 4級 Quiz
• The Sailor-Fuku -Japanese High School Uniforms
• THE YAKUZA
• Wall Street Words
• はじめて受ける新TOEICテスト 英単語・熟語
• アインシュタイン式 論理脳ドリル 旅行編
• アインシュタイン式論理脳ドリル FREE
• フラワー 〜花開く愛のために〜
• 信用取引（投資に役立つ小冊子シリーズ Vol.1）
• 日経PCビギナーズ パソコン＆ネットらくらく用語事典
• 野球のメキキ 観戦力が高まる本