What's Goin Down
What's Goin Down is a professional grade TCP server network monitoring tool built specifically for iPhone OS.
"★★★★★ Works Great! - I am the sole IT guy where I work and can use tools like this to help me out."
- IT-Guy (App Store Review)
Using it, you configure your servers host names and ports, then What's Goin Down connects to them to verify that the services are running and healthy.
What's Goin Down is fully compatible with any and all TCP based network services including HTTP, HTTPS, POP, IMAP, SSH and SMTP, and can be used over WiFi, 3G, or Edge network connectivity.
Version 2.0 of What's Goin Down brings with it an entirely redesigned UI, designed to speed your workflow when entering servers by grouping services from the same host in one location. It also adds the ability to store and graph up to 10 of the last results for each service so that you can graphically see your connection latency. Additionally, it adds the ability to associate customized badge icons with particular servers.
John C. Welch from Macworld.com says:
"I've found Random Ideas' application, What's Goin Down, to be darned useful.... What's Goin Down allows me to verify server operational status quickly and efficiently from almost anywhere."
What's Goin Down is better than just ping or traceroute because it actually connects to the actual TCP port that your server is listening on and verifies that it's up and running! If you run a network, or even just have a mission critical web server, you NEED What's Goin Down to help monitor your systems!
* Configure a list of servers using hostname and port number.
* Configure automatic periodic checking.*
* Configure customized image for your server.
* Maintains up to 10 past connection results with latency for each service and displays them in a graph.
* Plays a sound and displays a red exclamation mark when the server cannot be connected to.
* Shows a green checkmark when the server is successfully connected to, and a red exclamation mark when there is a failure.
* Works with Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, Windows, or any server that uses TCP/IP to operate.
* Note: Due to the way the iPhone SDK works, automatic checking is only available while the iPhone is awake and the application is active.
* Redesigned UI. Now groups ports by server making setting up numerous ports on the same server much easier.
* Now tracks the last 10 connection results for each port.
* Added a graph of the results for each port.
* Added the ability to set a timeout for connecting.
* Added the ability to set an icon for each host. Currently we have icons for Linux, BSD, and some generic datacenter icons. We'll be adding more over time.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 27, 2012
- Random Ideas, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (19)
- 0.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Edibles - Diet Journal
• Edibles ~ Diet Journal for iPad
• Joy of Being - Guided Meditations
• Wasabi ~ To-Dos You'll Use
• Whats Goin Down Lite
• Wish List ~ Shared Gift List Keeper
• iZen Garden 2 - Portable Zen Garden
• iZen Garden for iPad - Tabletop Zen Garden