Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC
"Best App for Remote Desktop control"
... O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps"
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Multi-protocol that works with any OS: RDP and VNC
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Works on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Automatically optimizes UI based on the device
* iCloud connection syncing
* Multitask with ease: switch to other apps without disconnecting
* Full bluetooth keyboard support - the best on the App Store: shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys all work (Alt+Tab / Cmd+Tab also works).
* Built-in bluetooth keyboard macros for compact keyboards
* SSH tunnelling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, SBS Server, Windows 8/8.1, Server 2012/R2
* RD Gateway support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP's printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!) Note: Requires AirPrint-compatible printer
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
* Touch redirection support for Windows 8 and above (exclusive feature on the App Store)
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunnelling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
* Fixes crash on some devices when connecting to computers configured through automatic setup
* Fixes crash when syncing and importing more than 31 servers
* Fixes unnecessary SSL certificate warnings
* Adds German and Japanese translations
* Adds support for Linea / Infinite Peripherals accessory
Note: The last update caused saved passwords to reset for some users. We're very sorry about this and we're working on making sure this never happens again.
If you're finding Jump Desktop useful please consider leaving a review on the App Store or updating your existing review. Every review is valuable and helps support future updates.
* iCloud support for syncing server lists across your devices. Go into Jump's settings and turn on iCloud syncing.
* Performance improvements when connecting to Macs (specially Retina Macs). Jump is upto 3x faster in some cases. We've also added new quality settings when connecting to Macs. Mac users should try the new Low quality for extremely fast access.
* Mac users will also love the new pasteboard support (finally!). Text from your device's pasteboard will automatically be sent to your Mac. To get the Mac's pasteboard press the pasteboard button on the on-screen keyboard.
* More on-screen keys for quicker typing. Just swipe the top row of buttons on the on-screen keyboard to see additional buttons.
* New UI with coloured icons to easily distinguish between connection types. RDP connections are red, macs are blue and vnc connections are green.
* Offline and Online indicators for connections configured via automatic setup. You can now tell which computers are reachable just by looking at the icon. Computers that are offline are grayed out.
* Search UI for users with lots of computers.
* iPad users now can see their computers using the all new grid view.
* New options for smaller bluetooth keyboards that remaps the Left Alt key to the Right Alt key (great for international users).
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 02, 2014
- Phase Five Systems
- 12.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (125)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (6214)