iSSH - SSH / VNC Console
A full-featured SSH and Telnet emulator of VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, and xterm terminals integrated with a tunneled VNC client, RDP client and an X server.
Secure, powerful, intuitive, configurable and complete are a few words used to describe iSSH. A universal app for both the iPhone and the iPad, hands down iSSH is the best ssh client available. iSSH is the only app with agent forwarding, tunneling and an X11 server available within the app.
Featured in Apple's preferred list of iOS apps for Mobile IT.
iSSH received a perfect score as reviewed by Macworld and is featured in both their "Highest Rated Business" and "Essential Business" categories.
"Sure, I lived for years without an iPad with iSSH on it, but can you really call that living? No." -- Twitter User
• Multitasking support - can hold connections open for up to 10 minutes
• TextExpander support for quick access in the terminal
• Arbitrary port tunneling through SSH
• Tunneled VNC client (or unencrypted using a "raw" connection)
• Tunneled RDP client
• Tunneled X server
• SSH, telnet, VNC and RDP all work via EDGE, WiFi and 3G
• Multiple simultaneous connections
• Nearly every encoding supported
• Per-server reachability notification
• Features a VGA BBS ANSI compatible font
• Portrait and landscape mode
• Adaptable terminal size, fixed to 80x24, or user configurable on iPad. All with exhaustive scroll-back
• Exhaustive key configuration support. Has arrow keys (by pop-up or by toolbar). ctrl, alt, esc, tab, shift, Fn keys (1-10), ` key, PgUp, PgDown and for those keys not listed provides multiple means to add them.
• Store any number of connections and configurations and organize them into groups
• Securely import and export configurations between many devices
• Command execution on connection
• Optional keyboard transparency
• Completely customizable keyboard, from Dvorak to rare international keyboards
• Four (six on iPad) selectable monospaced fonts
• RSA and DSA key generation and exchange via email, password-connected SSH or pasteboard
• Can support "uninterrupted" connections via GNU Screen and the command option.
• Transfers public keys automatically
• Optional DWM window manager for X server
• ssh-agent support
• Agent forwarding
• Bluetooth keyboard support for arrow keys, function keys and a remapping of the ctrl key through option key mapping in either X11/VNC server or terminal. When enabled, an Option+key press maps to equivalent Ctrl+key press.
iSSH is effectively several clients in one, containing functionality for ssh/telnet/raw connections, an X11 server, VNC tunneling as well as RDP tunneling. iSSH supports multiple, simultaneous connections with more complete terminal compatibility, more configurable macro and key options and a more intuitive UI than any other other SSH client in the App Store.
For those who may experience issues VNCing into 10.7 systems, please enable "VNC to Mac" in the connection configuration.
* Bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 05, 2014
- 8.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (74)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (1869)