Iowa Soy Bean Soy APP
Iowa farmers depend on timely and accurate data to make sound business management decisions. The Iowa Soybean Association, through an investment of soybean checkoff dollars and backed by research conducted by Iowa State University Extension, is pleased to make this product available to help farmers take the guess work out of crop scouting. The acquisition of immediate, accurate and pinpointed information improves efficiency which, in turn, can help make your farm business more successful. Just one more way the Iowa Soybean Association is enhancing opportunities and delivering results for soybean growers and their customers.
ScoutPro Soybean is a user-friendly mobile field scouting app for farmers and agricultural industry professionals. The app allows users to scout and identify weeds, insects, disease and disorders while in the field. Users are then able to upload important field data, images and notes to generate field specific scouting reports.
* Easily accessible and simple to use app, designed for the agricultural production industry for use on the iPad, iPad2 and iPhone.
* Step through identification process helps users narrow down pest by identifying attributes.
* Provides multiple, high quality photos of identified pests along with pest’s background, life cycle and threshold information.
* Ability to generate field specific scouting reports through provided data entry fields including weather/precipitation information, wind speed, pest pressure, etc.
* Allows user to upload images to scouting report for better record keeping.
* Customizable data fields allow user to add comments and/or directives for the scouted field.
* Field mapping capabilities are included to allow users to map field, via GPS coordinates for accuracy in reporting.
* Identified pest are automatically recorded on field map via GPS coordinates to help identify concentrated problem areas needing immediate attention.
* Scouting reports can be saved, stored and/or emailed to be shared or archived for reference in future crop years.
* ScoutPro Soybean provides the user with assistance when working to identify field pests or disorders, helping to ensure field scouting and treatment recommendation accuracy.
* ScoutPro Soybean allows farmers and agricultural industry professionals the ability to keep accurate, field specific scouting reports throughout the growing season.
* ScoutPro Soybean’s built-in GPS mapping system automatically recordsa GPS coordinates, allowing geo-reference specific pest “hot spots” in fields, leading to better spraying efficiencies.
* ScoutPro Soybean decreases communication lag by allowing users to input and upload easy to read information and then allowing them to share the information instantly.
* ScoutPro Soybean’s yearly archived data provides users with accessible information to make better information crop input and management decisions.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 02, 2012
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 25.0 MB