HoursTracker: Time and pay tracking for freelance and hourly workers
iOS iPhone Business
OVER 200,000 PEOPLE track their time and pay using HoursTracker ®. Try it today, and find out why it's the best and most highly-rated time tracker in the App Store!
QUICK AND EASY time entry and editing make time tracking painless
• Record time using timers, complete with support for Breaks and Pauses
• Track your pay, including Tips, Mileage, and flexible ± time and earnings adjustments
• Pick any time to start, stop, break or pause the timer (7 minutes ago, 10 minutes from now, whatever you need)
• Set job locations and get clock in and out reminders when you arrive or leave or fully automate your time tracking (geofencing)
• Manually enter time entries with minimal effort thanks to smart, adaptive defaults
• Enter comments of any length with your time entries and optionally include them in your exports
• Control timers, dictate comments, and apply tags using your Apple Watch
ADVANCED FEATURES and customization set HoursTracker above the rest
• Automatic daily and weekly overtime earnings calculations
• Built-in reports by Day, Week, and Month and support for most common pay period schedules
• Robust tagging and filtering allow you to build your own custom views
• Reminders when you've worked your target number of hours per day (even takes time rounding into account)
• Automatic time rounding: up, down, or to nearest (including 6 min)
• Today Widget for at a glance time and pay monitoring
• CSV and formatted text export via e-mail or the iOS Share Sheet
• Passcode lock (with Touch ID support) helps keep your HoursTracker data private
• Cloud-based backup/restore with one re-usable backup slot included free (free account sign up is required)
• Web-based reporting access, including charts, graphs, desktop exports, and rolling backups available with optional subscription
• Customize your HoursTracker experience in the Preferences section under the More tab. Choose only one or many jobs clocked in at a time, opt-into prompts for comments, choose an elapsed time format (hours:minutes, or decimal hours), and more
"Free Edition" stores up to 3 jobs and 21 days of entries. For unlimited entries, upgrade to the "Personal" (up to 5 jobs) or "Pro" (unlimited jobs) edition. Or, erase older data and continue to use the "Free Edition" until you're ready to buy.
Prompt and personal customer support is available via e-mail from within the app, typically answered within 12-24 hours.
Visit our website at http://www.hourstrackerapp.com to learn more, and follow @HoursTracker on Twitter or facebook.com/HoursTracker to hear about upcoming features first.
App Store reviews help users find the best apps, but they don't allow us to help you because we cannot respond. If you have a question, problem, or need help, please send us a support request via e-mail.
iOS 9, watchOS 2, 3D Touch, plus some cool new features.
Use the search button on the Jobs List screen to find jobs and time entries by name, tag, comment, or date. You can enter a single date to find time entries on that date, two dates to find time entries between those dates, or three or more dates to find time entries on any of the dates. Tap a job or time entry to view it, or use the List Options button to select items to export or delete.
IMPROVED LOCATION REMINDERS
Now you'll get a clock out reminder when you leave the job location, even if you previously ignored a notification a few hours before.
3D TOUCH QUICK ACTIONS
Home Screen Quick Actions allow you to see the status of recently active jobs and open HoursTracker directly to one of them. Or, go directly to adding a new entry. (requires iPhone 6S or 6S Plus)
iOS 9 SPOTLIGHT SEARCH
Use iOS' Spotlight Search to find jobs or time entries, based on their names, tags, descriptions, or dates from outside the app. Tap a job or time entry in the search results to open it in HoursTracker.
When viewing job details, you can ask Siri "Remind me about this at 4 o'clock." Siri will open HoursTracker directly to that job right from the reminder.
3D TOUCH BUTTONS
Instead of long-pressing on the Clock Out button to start a break, press firmly. No more waiting. (requires iPhone 6S or 6S Plus)
NATIVE APPLE WATCH APP (watchOS 2+)
A far more responsive and better designed app, with larger touch targets, more information and an awesome all-new time picker built around the digital crown. The Glance has been redesigned to show more information in a larger, easier to read format. There's a Watch face complication for every size, and you can use Handoff to instantly open the same job on your iPhone. Note: Due to a watchOS bug, if you open the Watch app by tapping the glance, you may not be able to clock in or out from the Watch app. Workaround: Open the app from the home screen or from a complication.
If you have use a lot of tags, scrolling the list looking for the one you want can be too tedious. Now, you can type in the "add new tag or search" field and the matching tags will float to the top of the tags list where you can easily select them.
ZERO MINUTE SPLIT
Sometimes you just want to split a time entry into two entries, without altering the total elapsed time. Now that's easy.
Better performance and improved security, including full support for App Transport Security.
When editing a filter, it wasn't possible to de-select a Smart Tag. Tags added to a running job were not available for use elsewhere until that job was clocked out.