dictate2us: Audio Recorder & Transcription Service
iOS Universal Business
Our team of 1,200 transcribers can return files within 1 hour if required, but we have 3-, 5-, 12-, 24- or 48-hour turnaround times to choose from.
Experience the power of our award-winning transcription service in your pocket, at your desk, or on the go. Record letters, reports, case notes, interviews and much more. The possibilities are endless, and the time and money you can save are significant.
IMPORTANT: All users can record and edit audio files. To take advantage of the dictate2us transcription features, you will need to register within the app, which only takes 60 seconds!
You can download the app for free, and a £10 ($15) free trial credit is offered so you can test our typing service. When the trial credit has been used, we then charge an audio minute rate, depending on the turnaround chosen. You can add credit to your account using PayPal or a debit/credit card.
dictate2us is the US’s number one transcription service provider of accurately typed documents with fast turnaround times. We have unparalleled experience in the transcription industry, working with over 300,000 clients worldwide. We work with hospitals, law firms, government bodies, students and universities. Our typists are experienced in specific fields. They are familiar with different terminologies and formatting styles.
How does it work?
1.The user records audio and saves a recording with the dictate2us app.
2.The audio is securely uploaded to the dictate2us transcription platform.
3.A dedicated typist transcribes the file into a Microsoft Word document.
4.An editor amends any errors or formatting issues.
5.The document is proofread to ensure accuracy.
6.The finished document is e-mailed to you or made available for download.
How do we charge for transcription?
We charge per minute of audio rather than per word, line or time taken to type. We believe this is the fairest way as you will know exactly how much a file will cost before uploading. People dictate 3 to 4 times more quickly than they type. Thus, a 10-minute dictation file could take up to 40 minutes to transcribe. With d2u, you only pay for the 10 minutes.
How long does it take to transcribe?
The d2u app allows users to get their transcribed documents back extremely quickly. As soon as your encrypted file arrives at our servers, it is decrypted and assigned to your regular typist. Once edited and proofread, our online transcription platform will e-mail a copy of the finished document, or, if preferred, a link can be sent to download the document straight to your phone, tablet or PC. We return work in a Microsoft Word document and can type into your personal letterhead or template.
Data Confidentiality and Security
The d2u Transcriber app uses state-of-the-art data security, including military-grade encryption similar to that used in online banking and retail websites. Our servers are UK-based and hack-tested daily. We are fully data protected with the ICO and fully HIPPA compliant. Our staff are office-based and have signed non-disclosure agreements. We do not employ homeworkers, and our staff have no means to remove data from our systems.
• We have introduced a new welcome screen with voice-over, boarding screens and introduction video to assist new users.
• The app has a new feature which will allow audio files to be imported from other recording apps, such as Apple’s own Voice Memos app, iCloud Drive, Dropbox and all other audio recorder apps.
• The app has a new upload status key in place, showing users what status, the recordings are in.
• The app now has multi-dictate2us account support, so users with different businesses can upload files, manage and work using multiple separate account logins.
• Users can now choose a job-type and turnaround time option while sending audio files for transcription.
• We have made changes to the password screen to ensure the best user experience.
• We have introduced Touch ID as a new feature, so you can use your fingerprint to access the app instead of your passcode.
• Users can now rename audio files recorded in the “Express” recording screen.
• As requested by users, each audio file is number listed in the “All Recordings” screen.
• As requested by users, the app now displays how much space is available on your device and how many audio minutes can be stored.
• As requested by users, we have added push notification support so we can inform users of the offers available.
• We have added support for “Enabling microphone” issues that appear if users accidentally block microphone access to the app, so the dictate2us app can’t record audio.
• We have introduced a “send all feature” which allows users to send all dictations recorded to us in one go.
• We have introduced loading messages and have added loading spinning wheels so users are better informed while using the app.
•We have shortened the registration form, making it easier to register for our service and free trial.
• We have added the contact numbers of the UK, the USA, AUS and the rest of world so users can call our team for support at local call rates.
• We have added a live-chat feature to the app.
• We have added a Universal Link support to the app.
• We have fixed all minor bugs that were reported to us.