Alph is a process calculator for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad based on the world class thermodynamic and physical properties calculations of VMGThermo, which is the Virtual Materials Group package that powers their comprehensive process simulator VMGSim.
Alph Jr contains all of the features of Alph, but with a limited compound selection and no ability to purchase options. Some important features include:
• VMG's Advanced Peng-Robinson equation of state package
• two and three phase flash calculations
• two phase distillation with multiple feeds and draws
• hydrate temperature or pressure prediction
• a multivariable nonlinear equation solver.
• light hydrocarbon compounds C1-C10 (additional compounds are available in the full Alph version).
Alph is not a traditional process simulator, but rather a sophisticated calculator that eschews the classic stream and unit operation model in favour of an information flow model that uses powerful, but simple, spreadsheet like formulas to define the relationships between fluids and powerful tools like distillation towers, phase envelopes and multivariable equation solvers. The web site has numerous tutorials and examples that illustrate its flexibility and power.
Properties Alph can Calculate
• Molar vapour fraction (phase fraction when viewing phases)
• Molar flow rate
• Specific molar enthalpy
• Specific molar entropy
• Energy flow
• Molecular weight
• Compressibility factor
• Specific molar volume
• Mass density
• Standard liquid density
• Kinematic viscosity
• Thermal conductivity
• Surface tension
• Constant pressure specific molar heat capacity
• Constant volume specific molar heat capacity
• Gibbs free energy
• Lower heating value
• Higher heating value
• Mass flowrate
• Specific mass enthalpy
• Specific mass entropy
• Constant pressure specific mass heat capacity
• Constant volume specific mass heat capacity
• Correction to enthalpy to calculate heats of reaction
• Composition in mole fractions
• Composition in mass fractions
• Compound molecular weight
- A problem could occur on iOS 5 when quickly transitioning from the formula editor to the calculation view.
- A crash could occur when using the mail report buttons on the case study view.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 07, 2011
- RedTree Development Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (35)
- 11.9 MB