Windows Server 2003 Network Administration
By Craig Hunt, Roberta Bragg
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596008000/)
This book is the Windows Server version of the classic TCP/IP Network Administration. Like the book that inspired it, Windows Server 2003 Network Administration provides an overview of the essential TCP/IP protocols, and explains how to properly manage and configure the services based on these protocols. Any skilled network administrator knows that understanding how things work is as important as knowing how things are done. This book is the essential guide to both, containing everything a network administrator needs to exchange information via the Internet, and to build effective reliable networks.
This must-read guide is divided into three distinct sections: fundamental concepts, tutorial, and reference. The first three chapters are a basic discussion of the network protocols and services. This discussion provides the fundamental concepts necessary to understand the rest of the book. The remaining chapters provide a how-to tutorial for planning, installing and configuring various important network services. The book concludes with three appendixes that are technical references for various configuration options. Content specifics include how to:
* Install, configure, and manage a Microsoft DNS and Windows DHCP server
* Control remote communications with Microsoft RRAS software
* Protect hosts with Internet Connection Firewalls
* Configure Internet and Intranet Web services with IIS
* Design proper security into your network
* Troubleshoot the network when problems develop
After you've turned the final page of Windows Server 2003 Network Administration, you'll not only understand how to network, but also why it needs to be done.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 10.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference