Windows 7: The Missing Manual
By David Pogue
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596806408)
What Can Windows 7 Do For You?
Geeks have raved about Windows 7. But if you’re an ordinary mortal, learning what this system is all about can be challenging. Fear not: David Pogue’s Windows 7: The Missing Manual is here. Windows 7 introduces a slew of new features, including easier home networking and touchscreen computing for those lucky enough to own the latest hardware. This book illuminates its subject with reader-friendly insight, plenty of wit, and hardnosed objectivity for beginners as well as veteran PC users.
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
* Navigate the desktop, including the fast and powerful search function
* Take advantage of Window’s apps and gadgets, and tap into 40 free programs
* Breeze the Web with Internet Explorer 8, and learn the email, chat, and videoconferencing programs
* Record TV and radio, display photos, play music, and record any of these to DVD using the Media Center
* Use your printer, fax, laptop, tablet PC, or smartphone with Windows 7
* Beef up your system and back up your files
* Collaborate and share documents and other files by setting up a workgroup network
About the Author
David Pogue is the weekly personal-technology columnist for the New York Times and an Emmy award-winning tech correspondent for CBS News. His funny tech videos appear weekly on CNBC. With 3 million books in print, he’s also one of the world's bestselling how- to authors. In 1999, he launched his own series of amusing, practical, and user-friendly computer books called Missing Manuals, which now includes more than 100 titles.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 22.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference