Web 2.0 Architectures
By James Governor, Dion Hinchcliffe, Duane Nickull
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514433/)
Web 2.0 is more pervasive than ever, with business analysts and technologists struggling to comprehend the opportunity it represents. So what exactly is Web 2.0 -- a marketing term or technical reality? This fascinating book finally puts substance behind the phenomenon by identifying the core patterns of Web 2.0, and by introducing an abstract model and reference architecture to help you take advantage of them.
In Web 2.0 Architectures, authors Duane Nickull, Dion Hinchcliffe, and James Governor -- who have 40 years of combined experience with technical specifications and industry trends -- examine what makes successful Web 2.0 services such as Google AdSense, Flickr, BitTorrent, MySpace, Facebook, and Wikipedia work. The result is a base of knowledge that developers, business people, futurists, and entrepreneurs can understand and use as a source of ideas and inspiration.
This book reveals:
* A Web 2.0 model: How the classic Client-Server model evolved into a more detailed Web 2.0 model.
* Web 2.0 reference architecture: A generic component view of basic Web 2.0 patterns that can be repurposed for other commercial ventures.
* Specific Web 2.0 patterns: How service oriented architecture (SOA), Software as a Service (SaaS), participation-collaboration, mashups, rich user experience, collaborative tagging systems (Folksonomy), and more can be used in your business.
If you want to understand what makes Web 2.0 tick, and how it will enhance your business, Web 2.0 Architectures takes you right to the core.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 8.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference