The Personal History of Rachel DuPree (Audiobook)
iOS iPhone Books
This application contains a professional recording of The Personal History of Rachel DuPree -- wrapped in a beautiful and elegant player to create an immersive and enjoyable audiobook experience.
Longlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction, Ann Weisgarber's moving and majestic debut highlights one black family's struggle to survive the South Dakota Badlands. It's 1917 14 years after Rachel and Isaac Dupree came to this unforgiving land and Isaac is' proud of his landed independence. But rain stops falling, cattle are dying, and supplies are gone. Desperate and' exhausted, Rachel determines to do what's right for her children, herself, and her husband.'"Beautifully done, rendered in spare, un-showy prose." Guardian (UK)
- Background playback and Retina Display enabled (Specific devices required)
- Automatic bookmarking to keep track of your place for you
- Gorgeous user interface to create an immersive reading experience
- Notes - Allows you to write down thoughts as you listen and email them to yourself or friends.
- Preloaded with content to allow for offline use