The Perilous Road (Audiobook)
iOS iPhone Books
This application contains a professional recording of The Perilous Road -- wrapped in a beautiful and elegant player to create an immersive and enjoyable audiobook experience.
Chris Brabson is full of hate. He hates the Yankee soldiers who are camping in his beloved Tennessee woods; he hates their snotty Northern ways and their belief that they know what's best for the South; he hates that they've taken all of his family's food to feed their own troops. And he hates that his own brother has joined the Union side of the war when, to Chris, it is clear that the Confederacy is the side to fight for. When his hatred proves more powerful than good sense, Chris spies for the Confederates, revealing that a Union wagon train is camped in a valley near his home -- and his brother is probably in that train. Caught in the bitter battle at dawn, Chris discovers that in war, nothing is clear-cut -- good and bad are equally laid to waste by the horrors of the battlefield.
- Background playback and Retina Display enabled (Specific devices required)
- Automatic bookmarking to keep track of your place for you
- Gorgeous user interface to create an immersive reading experience
- Notes - Allows you to write down thoughts as you listen and email them to yourself or friends.
- Preloaded with content to allow for offline use