The Good Earth (by Pearl S. Buck) (UNABRIDGED AUDIOBOOK)
iOS Universal Books
This Pulitzer Prize–winning classic tells the poignant tale of a Chinese farmer and his family in old agrarian China. The humble Wang Lung glories in the soil he works, nurturing the land as it nurtures him and his family. Nearby, the nobles of the House of Hwang consider themselves above the land and its workers, but they will soon meet their own downfall.
Hard times come upon Wang Lung and his family when flood and drought force them to seek work in the city. The working people riot, breaking into the homes of the rich and forcing them to flee. When Wang Lung shows mercy to one noble and is rewarded, he begins to rise in the world, even as the House of Hwang falls.
Download your book directly over Wi-Fi or cellular network and begin listening as soon as the first track downloads. The Downpour.com powered app features an attractive interface with traditional audio controls in addition to sleep timer, bookmarking, and variable track scrubbing.
• Attractive, easy-to-use interface
• Download audio tracks directly over Wi-Fi and cellular networks for offline listening
• Multitasking for background downloads and background audio controls
• Resume playback functionality
• Remember important parts of the book with bookmarks and notes
• Sleep timer: 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or when the current track ends
• Variable track scrubbing
Questions or comments? Visit www.downpour.com/kbase or get in touch on Twitter @downpour_com
NEW IN 3.0
The same great audio with a completely new and improved app experience. Optimized for the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, version 3.0 uses the beautiful and intuitive Downpour.com audio player.
BOOKMARK NOTES - Write a quick note about the bookmarks you create. Export your saved bookmarks via email.
RATE & REVIEW - Rate and review your books right from the app.
SOCIAL - Use the new share button to post to Facebook, Twitter, or email.
• updated for iOS 8
• optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Airplay button
• New book info view
• Improved downloads on slow networks