By Chris Brown, PhD
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596101831/)
SUSE Linux: A Complete Guide to Novell's Community Distribution will get you up to speed quickly and easily on SUSE, one of the most friendly and usable Linux distributions around. From quick and easy installation to excellent hardware detection and support, it's no wonder SUSE is one of the most highly rated distributions on the planet. According to Novell, SUSE is installed more than 7,000 times every day, an average of one installation every 12 seconds.
This book will take you deep into the essential operating system components by presenting them in easy-to-learn modules. From basic installation and configuration through advanced topics such as administration, security, and virtualization, this book captures the important details of how SUSE works--without the fluff that bogs down other books and web sites. Instead, readers get a concise task-based approach to using SUSE as both a desktop and server operating system.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
* Install SUSE and perform basic administrative tasks
* Share files with other computers
* Connect to your desktop remotely
* Set up a web server
* Set up networking, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
* Tighten security on your SUSE system
* Monitor for intrusions
* Manage software and upgrades smoothly
* Run multiple instances of SUSE on a single machine with Xen
Whether you use SUSE Linux from Novell, or the free openSUSE distribution, this book has something for every level of user. The modular, lab-based approach not only shows you how--but also explains why--and gives you the answers you need to get up and running with SUSE Linux.
About the author:
Chris Brown is a freelance author and trainer in the United Kingdom and Europe. Following Novell's acquisition of SUSE, he taught Linux to Novell's consultants and IT staff and is certified in both Novell's CLP program and Red Hat's RHCE. Chris has a PhD in particle physics from Cambridge.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 11.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference