Starship Troopers (by Robert A. Heinlein) (UNABRIDGED AUDIOBOOK)
iOS Universal Books
In one of Heinlein’s most controversial bestsellers, a recruit in a future world is sent through the toughest boot camp in the Universe to join the Terran Mobile Infantry in battle against mankind’s most alarming enemy.
Juan Rico signed up with the Federal Reserve on a lark, but despite the hardships and rigorous training, he finds himself determined to make it as a cap trooper. In boot camp he learns how to become a soldier, but it is in war that he will learn why.
Many consider this Hugo Award–winning book to be Heinlein’s best. Forget the battle scenes and the high-tech weapons; this is Heinlein in his element, talking people and politics.
Download your book directly over Wi-Fi or cellular network and begin listening as soon as the first track downloads. The Downpour.com powered app features an attractive interface with traditional audio controls in addition to sleep timer, bookmarking, and variable track scrubbing.
• Attractive, easy-to-use interface
• Download audio tracks directly over Wi-Fi and cellular networks for offline listening
• Multitasking for background downloads and background audio controls
• Resume playback functionality
• Remember important parts of the book with bookmarks and notes
• Sleep timer: 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or when the current track ends
• Variable track scrubbing
Questions or comments? Visit www.downpour.com/kbase or get in touch on Twitter @downpour_com
NEW IN 3.0
The same great audio with a completely new and improved app experience. Optimized for the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, version 3.0 uses the beautiful and intuitive Downpour.com audio player.
BOOKMARK NOTES - Write a quick note about the bookmarks you create. Export your saved bookmarks via email.
RATE & REVIEW - Rate and review your books right from the app.
SOCIAL - Use the new share button to post to Facebook, Twitter, or email.
• updated for iOS 8
• optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Airplay button
• New book info view
• Improved downloads on slow networks