Sid the Science Kid Read & Play for iPad
*** iKids Award Winner, Best eBook *** Sid the Science Kid Read & Play is packed with stories and fun activities aimed at helping kids develop early science exploration skills. It features two story books, jokes, games, sing along music videos, coloring pages and more!
Story books and activities include:
•“The Trouble with Germs”:
Follow along as Sid discovers why he has to wash his hands to get rid of germs. While Sid can’t see them, his mom shows him a picture through a powerful microscope to show him that those itty bitty things do exist and can make him sick.
•“What’s That Smell?”:
Sid finds out that smells, while invisible, are molecules that can pass through the air even without wind. That’s what allows him to smell his dad’s favorite pancakes, flowers and even his baby brother’s Zeke’s diaper (ewwww!).
•Sing Along Music Videos:
Parents and children can sing along to songs from the show!
Choose different scenes to color and save to share with friends and family or print out.
In this fun interactive game, practice what you know about senses by identifying traits of different objects based on how they feel, smell, sound and look.
Kids select from three separate scenes with different objects and characters for little ones to build their own scene. They can be saved to the photo album as well to share with friends and family.
•Spot the Difference:
What’s different in each image? Kids choose from two different scenes to see if you have an eagle eye and can spot what’s different between each image.
Choose from Read to Me, Read to Myself and Auto Play.
ABOUT THE APP
Sid Read & Play was developed by zuuka in partnership with PBS KIDS and The Jim Henson Company, the producer of the groundbreaking TV series Sid the Science Kid. The series, which airs weekdays on PBS KIDS, uses comedy to promote exploration, discovery and science readiness among early learners. Find all things Sid, including videos, songs, games and activities at pbskids.org/sid.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 27, 2014
- PBS KIDS
- 177.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (10)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (81)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• All Aboard the Dinosaur Train!
• Arthur's Big App
• Caillou Let's Pretend
• Cookie Monster's Challenge
• Cyberchase 3D Builder
• CyberChase Shape Quest!
• Daniel Tiger's Grr-ific Feelings
• Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night
• Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Play at Home with Daniel
• Dinosaur Train A to Z
• Dinosaur Train Camera Catch!
• Dinosaur Train Classic in the Jurassic, Jr.!
• Dinosaur Train Eggspress
• Dinosaur Train Mesozoic Math Adventures
• FETCH! LUNCH RUSH
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab Fresh Pick
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab: Hectic Harvest
• Martha Speaks Story Maker
• Martha Speaks Word Spinner
• Odd Squad: Blob Chase
• PBS KIDS Photo Factory
• PBS KIDS Super Vision
• PBS KIDS Video
• PBS Parents Play & Learn
• PBS Parents Play & Learn HD
• Peg + Cat Big Gig
• Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem
• Plum's Photo Hunt
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play
• Sid's Science Fair
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet for iPad
• SUPER WHY Alpha Boost!
• SUPER WHY Paint!
• SUPER WHY Phonics Fair
• SUPER WHY Phonics Fair for iPad
• SUPER WHY!
• SUPER WHY! for iPad
• Super WHY! The Power to Read!
• The Electric Company Party Game: Lost on Prankster Planet
• Thomas & Friends Watch and Play
• Wild Kratts Creature Math
• Wild Kratts Creature Power
• Wild Kratts World Adventure
• WordGirl Superhero Training
• WordWorld: Fun with WordFriends