SharePoint User's Guide
By Infusion Development Corp. (Infusion Development Corporation)
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009083/)
There's nothing like teamwork for making progress on a project, but sharing information and building on each other's successes can be challenging when your team is scattered across the miles. Microsoft's SharePoint helps teams and organizations close the distance. With SharePoint, groups construct web sites specifically for collaboration--sites where individuals can capture and share ideas, and work together on documents, tasks, contacts, and events. It's the next best thing to being in the room together.
Unfortunately, much of the documentation for SharePoint is written to help system administrators get it up and running, which often leaves end users in the dark. The SharePoint User's Guide takes another approach: this quick and easy guide shows you what you need to know to start using SharePoint effectively and how to get the most from it. You'll learn how to create sites that your organization can use to work together or independently, from an end user's point of view. Now, even beginners can learn how to:
* access sites that are already set up
* create new sites
* personalize sites
* use the document and picture libraries for adding and editing content
* add discussion boards and surveys to a site
* enhance security
You'll learn how you can receive alerts to tell you when existing documents and information have been changed, or when new information or documents have been added. You can even share select information with partners or customers outside your organization. No one that uses SharePoint collaboration services can afford to be without this handy book.
The SharePoint User's Guide is designed to help you find answers quickly, explaining key concepts and major points in straightforward language. With SharePoint, any team or organization can overcome geographic or time-zone challenges, and the SharePoint User's Guide will show them how.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 6.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference