REST in Practice
By Jim Webber, Savas Parastatidis, Ian Robinson
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596805838)
Discover Why REST is Perfect for Building Distributed Systems
In this insightful ebook, three SOA experts provide a down-to-earth explanation of REST and demonstrate how you can develop simple and elegant distributed hypermedia systems by applying the Web's guiding principles to common enterprise computing problems. You'll learn techniques for implementing specific Web technologies and patterns to solve the needs of a typical company as it grows from modest beginnings to become a global enterprise.
* Learn basic web techniques for application integration
* Use HTTP and the Web's infrastructure to build scalable, fault-tolerant enterprise applications
* Discover the Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) pattern for manipulating resources
* Build RESTful services that use hypermedia to model state transitions and describe business protocols
* Learn how to make web-based solutions secure and interoperable
* Extend integration patterns for event-driven computing with the Atom Syndication
* Format and implement multi-party interactions in AtomPub
* Understand how the Semantic Web will impact systems design
About the Authors
Jim Webber, a director with ThoughtWorks, works on dependable distributed systems.
Savas Parastatidis, an architect at Microsoft, works on a platform for large-scale data- and compute-intensive applications.
Ian Robinson, a principal consultant with ThoughtWorks, helps clients create sustainable, service-oriented development capabilities from inception to operation.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 16, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference