This app was removed from the App Store.
Real Ideas From Real Moms
iOS iPhone Books
Every mother can use some ideas to help her think about life in a healthy way, right? Well, we think so, too! This collection of short essays have just what you need: powerful thoughts delivered in fun, bite-sized chunks to help you savor your time with your family and become the best mother you can possibly be.
Authors (and mothers!) Linda Eyre, Shawni Eyre Pothier, Saren Eyre Loosli, Shawna Woodworth, and Heather Saunders have captured their inspiration in the beautifully-written pieces below:
Cherishing the Moment
Develop a System for Balance
Confessions of a Mean Mommy
Decide When Enough is Enough
How to be Happy When Everything Isn't Perfect
Look at the Big Picture
This free eBook is provided by a website/organization called The Power of Moms, which is focused on helping mothers grow themselves, build each other, and shape the future. For more great essays, book summaries, and exciting motherhood resources (including our new Learning Circles materials), please visit our site at www.powerofmoms.com.
The "Real Ideas From Real Moms" eBook uses the established Standard Works book reader already enjoyed by tens of thousands of users. It's also the same reader which powers our "U.S. Historical Documents" application which received a perfect 10/10 rating from AppCraver.com and was recently featured on the iTunes App Store.
The Standard Works book reader is simple to use, but also contains many advanced features not usually found in other eBook readers. Rather than continually flicking through little pages of text like some book readers, the Standard Works book reader displays an entire chapter or book at once for you convenience. The text can even automatically scroll for you in both portrait and landscape modes while reading. You can even highlight important words or phrases using the absolute best highlighting system available on the iPhone platform. Create notes for each paragraph which can be displayed inline and assign bookmarks to any paragraph in any book for future reference. And if that's not enough, quickly and easily find any text from any book with the fastest and most powerful search engine available on the iPhone.
The Standard Works book reader contains the following main features:
• Auto-scrolling (both variable-speed and tilt-based, portrait and landscape modes are supported)
• Adjustable fonts, size, colors, margins, spacing, and alignment (you can even adjust the font size by using a pinching gesture while reading!)
• Highlighting - 12 background colors, 12 foreground colors, bold, italic, and underline
• Night (low-light) mode - Black background with white text
• Application tips
• Bookmarks and even folders of bookmarks
• Last location in each book is remembered
• When re-launched, you're returned to the exact location you were last at while reading
• Search for words or phrases with INSTANT search results
• Powerful advanced search options
• Create notes for each paragraph which can be displayed inline
• Animated satin bookmark (similar to the one in the Classics application)
• Ability to choose the application's color theme
Be sure to check out our Bible and "U.S. Historical Documents" applications as well as more books from world renowned authors like:
• Charles Dickens
• Edgar Allen Poe
• Hans Christian Andersen
• Jack London
• Jane Austen
• Jules Verne
• H.G. Wells
• Sir Arthur Conan Doyle