Enjoy “Voices of Read Russia,” a digital issue exploring Russian literature from Russia Beyond the Headlines.
For generations, Russia's greatest export has been its authors. Join us to celebrate the rich diversity of voices coming from Russia, a place where a writer is always more than a writer.
RBTH editors and contributors cover notable translations of recent books and introduce promising new writers. They also take a closer look at the 20th-century stars only now shining brightly. Of course RBTH recalls the Golden Age of Russia's literature and it's prominent figures, including Leo Tolstoy.
"Voices of Read Russia" examines the literary treasures from the past while guiding you into the 21st century.
In this enhanced and comprehensive app, RBTH brings you one-of-a-kind reporting, essays and multimedia on:
– lyrical postmodernists and the absurdest classics.
– dystopian sagas, redemptive memoirs, and intimate historical fiction.
– the significance of women in Russian literature, with special attention to those who have conquered Russia’s literary Olympus in terms of acclaim and readership with their charming, charismatic, lyrical, surreal, and sometimes, terrifying appeal.
– the voices of conflict, including Chechen writers, poets during the Leningrad Siege and the Gulag writer you don’t yet know.
– the miracle of the “Orthodox Bestseller.”
– the Russian émigrés who dominate the New York literary scene and even the pages of The New Yorker.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 17, 2013
- Russia Beyond the Headlines
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (2)
- 12.8 MB