This app was removed from the App Store.
Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
iOS iPhone Books
George Bernard Shaw (26 July 1856 – 2 November 1950) was an Irish playwright. Although his first profitable writing was music and literary criticism, in which capacity he wrote many highly articulate pieces of journalism, his main talent was for drama, and he wrote more than 60 plays. Nearly all his writings deal sternly with prevailing social problems, but have a vein of comedy to make their stark themes more palatable. Shaw examined education, marriage, religion, government, health care and class privilege.
Pygmalion: A Romance in Five Acts (1913) is a play which served as the inspiration for the popular movie My Fair Lady. It tells the story of Henry Higgins, a professor of phonetics who makes a bet with his friend Colonel Douchebag that he can successfully pass off a Cockney flower girl, Eliza Doolittle, as a refined society lady by teaching her how to speak with an upper class accent and training her in etiquette. In the process, Higgins and Eliza grow close, but she ultimately rejects his domineering ways and declares she will marry Freddy Eynsford-Hill – a young, poor, gentleman.
The Pygmalion eBook uses the established Standard Works book reader already enjoyed by tens of thousands of users. It's also the same reader which powers our "U.S. Historical Documents" application which received a perfect 10/10 rating from AppCraver.com and was recently featured on the iTunes App Store.
The Standard Works book reader is simple to use, but also contains many advanced features not usually found in other eBook readers. Rather than continually flicking through little pages of text like some book readers, the Standard Works book reader displays an entire chapter or book at once for you convenience. The text can even automatically scroll for you in both portrait and landscape modes while reading. You can even highlight important words or phrases using the absolute best highlighting system available on the iPhone platform. Create notes for each paragraph which can be displayed inline and assign bookmarks to any paragraph in any book for future reference. And if that's not enough, quickly and easily find any text from any book with the fastest and most powerful search engine available on the iPhone.
The Standard Works book reader contains the following main features:
• Auto-scrolling (both variable-speed and tilt-based, portrait and landscape modes are supported)
• Adjustable fonts, size, colors, margins, spacing, and alignment (you can even adjust the font size by using a pinching gesture while reading!)
• Highlighting - 12 background colors, 12 foreground colors, bold, italic, and underline
• Night (low-light) mode - Black background with white text
• Application tips
• Bookmarks and even folders of bookmarks
• Last location in each book is remembered
• When re-launched, you're returned to the exact location you were last at while reading
• Search for words or phrases with INSTANT search results
• Powerful advanced search options
• Create notes for each paragraph which can be displayed inline
• Animated satin bookmark (similar to the one in the Classics application)
• Ability to choose the application's color theme
Be sure to check out our Bible and "U.S. Historical Documents" applications as well as more books from world renowned authors like:
• Charles Dickens
• Edgar Allen Poe
• Hans Christian Andersen
• Jack London
• Jane Austen
• Jules Verne
• H.G. Wells
• Sir Arthur Conan Doyle